Sweet Potatoes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by cviclark@uwclub.net
    on

How do these compare to potatoes? Are they good as an alternative?
    I have always used a jazzed up cabbage soup diet in the past with good results as far as weight loss goes but I am concerned about diabetes as my score on the questionare in the book is poor. I hope to use the 5:2 and blood sugar diet together starting with cabbage soup twice a day on fast days until I can find recipes I like in the blood sugar book at 800 Cals. My wife is the cook and she does not need to loose weight and needs convincing.
    I am 71 5ft 6 inches 38 waist retired so it’s not looking good at nearly 13 stone and a liking for real ale. Sweets and fizzy drinks are just distant memories, bread no problem but pasta, pizzas and potatoes will be a problem. What about home made bread any ideas on that?

• posted by Janet1973
    on

No, not really. Sweet potatoes should be kept on the ‘eat occasionally’ list as they are still quite high in carbs. Courgette and carrots cut into strips or spiralised are a passable alternative to pasta and there is a good thread on here called rye bread where people have been swapping bread recipes. All the best to you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.