Sucralose…good or evil?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bumblebee
    on

Hi all, been searching through the forums and can’t find anything on sucralose. Also looked through my book and can’t find anything so I am hoping to draw on your expertise.

Can having one protein shake in the morning that has sucralose in it as a sweetener impact on the weight loss? I was having it in week one but still lost weight, now week two have hardly lost anything and I don’t know if its the shake or simply not drinking enough water and exercising.

• posted by nonnie
    on

Sucralose is an artificial sweetener sold in the U.S. under the brand name “Splenda.” I use liquid sucralose in my coffee – trying to wean myself off. Since artificial sweeteners can raise glucose levels in some people, you’ll need to test yourself if that’s a concern for you. Dr. Mosley recommends that we use no sweeteners if possible.

Please log in or register to post a reply.