Subway Salad for lunch

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sjcraythorne
    on

I’m not a big fan of reheating food in a (dirty) microwave in work. Thought a Subway ham salad might be an idea for lunch a few days a week. From what I can see on the nutritional information, with cheese would be approx 140 kcal. Even adding Mayo keeps it to 190.

Thoughts?

• posted by Zedar
    on

I realise that replying to a post three months old isn’t very helpful, but I just wanted to chime in to say that I, too, have toyed with the idea of Subway salad bowls, as a treat, for some time now. My gym is on the floor above a Subway and the smell of the bread is omnipresent. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not craving the bread. Rather the creation of a salad bowl. Sure, the deli meats may raise an eyebrow, being processed meat for the most part, but everything else is good.

And just a PS on the calorie count: I’ve read that 200 calories is the minimum for a meal. Anything under 200kcal isn’t substantial enough to be rated as anything more than a snack.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Just have it without any dressing as there may be hidden sugars although a good quality full fat mayo should be okay as long as you are keeping to the calories. Zedar, does that mean that my yoghurt and fruit (100 calorie) breakfast is not a meal or my grilled mushrooms with poached egg (80 calories). I think a meal depends on what is in it, if it has some nutritional value and balance it is a meal. How else do we manage to have only 800 calories. As I explained to my doctor, most women eat 1800 calories a day, 1000 of those is crap with 800 of good nutritious food.

Please log in or register to post a reply.