Struggling!! Day 2

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FrauPohl
    on

Hi all,

I’m on day two but struggling! I’ve had a headache since starting the diet.(I’m drinking loads of water though) Today I’ve had intense cravings for sweet stuff! I’m pleased to say that I have managed to resist but it’s been really hard. I have thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful of the food which is lovely but I’m not feeling great – headache and tired.

Does it get easier?! Is it maybe just carb withdrawal as I did eat a lot of bread/cereal before starting the BSD?

Thanks, Kate

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Kate

Yup – congratulations, you are experiencing what is often known as ‘carb flu’. You are kicking the habit, so congratulations, and stick with it – it eases off quite quickly and you should then feel much less ‘foggy’ and many people have lots of energy.

I found that I suddenly woke up in the morning and actually wanted to get up – have been up early every day of the BSD as has OH (which is a complete miracle tbh).

So stick with it – will be really worth it in the end.

๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Frau pohl.

Yes it does get easier.
    Yes, you have normal feelings.
    But just for a moment, may I take my hat off to you as you have done something HUGE.
    You have taken the first step, your ARE on the diet. ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ

Just listen to your body, I slept a little more at the beginning.
    I drank roughly the size of a lake every day. I now know how a hot water bottle must feeel๐Ÿ˜€

I had headaches. Times I was SO hungry.
    But
    All this is normal. I feed my body junk for many years, my body was used to it, then I put new stuff in, in smaller amounts…. My body said….what?!?!
    It took about a week, for my body to settle down to the new routine.
    I focused first on the calorie count.
    Then after two weeks I had the carbs under the count too.
    With hindsight , I would do it the other way around.
    I would reduce the carbs , then settle in on the calories.
    I also got up off the sofa, ( was almost attached to it) and I waddled to the end of the road and back. Bright red, sweaty, couldn’t breathe, needed a lie down. But. Slowly I built up. I went four houses further each time.
    On the weekend, I would walk from one bus shelter to another as each one had a seat in it. I pretended to wait for a bus, caught my breathe and waddled on. I did the same coming back.
    Now I walk 10,000 in my lunch time.
    It’s easier to plan your meals, so you know what you are going to eat next rather than graze in the fridge.
    As you lose weight, give yourself treats, not food or sweets, but a new scarf or, hat, or a pedicure, or new nail polish, or new aftershave, or a new tee shirt. But not food.

So these are my tips. Oh and one final one read captainlynn or bill1954 or me, Lucia , rad our blogs to see that we failed, we got success, we got enlightened, we got a few shocks, but we are all, reducing meds, healthy and happier.

Keep blogging , keep smiling, keep happy
    Love
    Lucia
    Xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.