Strayed from BSD life after 3 weeks…time to start again

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jess1471
    on

Hi all,

Reading how well so many of you have done on the BSD is so inspiring!
    Having tried the 800kcal BSD for 3 and half weeks, I found that I felt so much better, not hungry at all after the first day or two and managed to lose about 14lbs. Then came a day of celebrations and everything went backwards…for about 3 weeks now, involving carb overloads and a bottle or two of wine. I know in my head that I need to start again, and can recall how good I felt, but can also feel my mindset is not the same now as it was when I started last time. Does anyone have any tips about how to get back in control?
    I’m not diabetic yet but I do have a waist of 45+ inches which needs to change for sure. Two things that haven’t changed are cycling to and from work and keeping at least 10 lbs I lost at bay so at least that is something. I have a dodgy knee so have to be careful when it comes to exercising, so does anyone have any good ways of incorporating exercise into busy work schedule and dodgy knee life?
    Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi jess1471

Welcome back🌻

Glad that you are going to continue with the BSD, especially as you did so well before. So you had a blip? … put the last few weeks behind you!

As for your mindset – how is it different at this time?

I have a problem with my joints and find swimming to be good (if you can fit it to your schedule).

Imogen x

• posted by jess1471
    on

Hi Imogen,

Thanks, that’s what I’ve done. I have gone back through my freezer/fridge/cupboards and made them BSD ready again. This has also helped my mindset get a step closer to committing like it was last time, unlike how distracted and stressed I’ve been lately which has lead to giving into temptation too easily.

I know it’ll be difficult for the first few days again, but will continue reading everyones encouraging posts and all the tips/recipes on here. This is definitely a time that I need to do this before my health gets worse.

Swimming. Definitely something I will look into as there is a swimming pool very close to where I work 🙂

Thanks again! x

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Jess1471,

Sounds like you are all sorted! Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Imogen

Please log in or register to post a reply.