Strategies for weekends

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Laska
    on

Hi , its my first weekend doing the BSD, 800 a day. so far I’m pleased with my 4lb loss in the first 4 days, so dont want to blow it,

However everyone will be around, wine will be drunk, and ill be cooking … I have made skinny chilli for tonight , (which the others will have with bread ).

I do want to do this , and although I can do it easily when i’m on my own ( as i am most of the week )but also have a bit of a life when family are around at weekend , Wine is my downfall, everytime, followed by cheese.

Ii was thinking of perhaps doing a sort of 5:2 fast , but making it 1:6.., i.e 6 days at 800 then I have Saturdays when i can have a glass of wine and maybe some cheese.. Im ok not eating bread or other starchy carbs..

Im not diabetic, or probably not even pre diabetic, but am about 2 stone heavier than i’d like to be and I do want to get this tummy wodge off..

Is this just wimping out after only 3 days?

I’d love to know your strategy for keeping on track at the weekend..

• posted by Ausmike
    on

I had the boys around for beers last night. Normally a few beers, bourbons or wines & the food is anything but healthy. It’s my regular weekly downfall in diet plans. Last night I set my food apart & calculated I could have 2 shots of bourbon & I told the guys why I was doing this. Next Friday I’ll take my own food to one of the other guys places. I find if I have more than a couple of drinks my willpower goes out the door.

• posted by Laska
    on

In the end , after such a good first week , last night I found I didnt even want a glass of wine, so im not planning on one this eveing. either. Went for Dr Ms recommendation for fizzy water, ice and lemon .. looked like gin and tonic, !

I was 5 lbs down this morning after only 4 days , that’s motivation enought to carry me through the rest of the weekend I think…

• posted by HB47
    on

Hi – same postion as you, Laska – not diabetic and not obese. In my case I definitley need to lose couple of stone though. I did the test in Michael’s book and came out as a raging carb addict .

I found last week easier than I thought apart from one day at work when I had to stand by a buffet for an hour and my resolve crumbled. I did go slightly over 800 both days at the weekend and had one glass of prosecco (so you did better than me) but still down 5 lbs at the end of the first week. Determined to be strict this week because i know i can usually start a diet with gusto but then start to get bored and make excuses for breaking the rules. The first week has really made me think about eating healthily and i am very inspired by the recipes in the book so i am really going to try and make this one work.

Please log in or register to post a reply.