Stinking cold

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hi, I have been following the BSD for 5 weeks now and I now have a really heavy cold. Should I continue to stick to 800 or should I ‘feed a cold’. Any advice would be appreciated. xx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

It is not true, the truth is you should eat as well as you can depending on how you are feeling. You should also get plenty of fluids. If you are not feeling well you might want to try some of the low carb soups and they will also keep the calories down and give you that warm and cosy feeling. Get well soon, my husband has the same thing at the moment, just hope I don’t get it.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hi sunshine-girl,

Thank you for your reply.

I have indeed been taking plenty of fluids and soups. I wondered if I should try more high protein foods. I hope your husband recovers soon and you don’t get it. It’s a stinker!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Get well soon JOE xx i have just got over a nasty cold and cough that hung round for a fortnight
    I stuck to my usual diet tho prob ate a bit less coz i didnt have a great appetite..i was a bit concerned how many carbs in the cough mixture i was swigging,i really needed it but had forgotten i could have bought a sugar free version
    However i had a ” whoosh” week after it where the scales dropped down 4 lbs so take heart,colds are miserable,but they can have happy side effects! X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Thanks Yowzer49, I am eating very little, so maybe I will be rewarded with a weight loss. Fingers crossed.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

A little more protein might help with the building blocks of recovery but we are not starving on this diet, if you are not well just treat yourself kindly.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Thank you Sunshine-girl…will do xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.