STARVING

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lauryloo
    on

My god this 800 version is hard going! Gave up after dinner on the first day 🙁 I’ve done this diet before and was never hungry! Only consolation is I didn’t have carbs, I just ended up eating more than 800 cals. Any advice for filling foods for this version??
    I had Greek yoghurt with raspberries and linseed for breakfast, soup and cloud bread for lunch and chicken green beans and brocolli for dinner 🙁 TIA X

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Fiber and fat is the winning combination. The food you ate on day one barely has any of either of them (except for the linseed and yogurt). Chia seeds and coconut cream pudding will fill you up for hours, as will nuts (the best ones are Brazil nuts, pecans and macadamias), cacao nibs, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, avocadoes and greens with fibrous ribs or stalks. Broccoli rabe/rapini are my favorites. Close on their heels come turnip greens, mustard greens, kale, chard, escarole and chickory. Another option is konjac noodles. They’re all fiber so the carbs net out to zero and the calories are so low you could eat a whole bag without making a dent in the 800-cal limit. You won’t eat a whole bag, though, because you will be fit to bursting halfway through. Top with sauteed zucchini, scallions, cream cheese or creme fraiche and a little chicken broth to thin it out plus a grating of parmesan on top and it makes a heavenly pasta with barely any carbs.

I’m not clear on what you mean when you say “this 800 version” and “I’ve done this diet before.” Do you mean you’ve done the 5:2 before but this is your first attempt at the Fast 800? Or you’ve done some other iteration of the BSD but not sticking to the 800 calorie limit?

• posted by You snooze you gain
    on

I am a great fan of konjac noodles. They do some transparent ones which are great in Chinese style stir fries. The Chinese supermarket here sells frozen squid tentacles which are good in stir fries – I’m afraid I take the idle option and buy them ready prepared in M&S. So, chopped veg, seafood and glorious calorie free noodles makes a seriously filling meal.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’d say don’t panic too much in the early days, if you’re a bit over on the calories. As your body adjusts, it will begin to cope better on fewer calories. Esnecca is right about the fat and fibre combo, that will certainly help with defeating the hunger pangs and keeping well hydrated will also help with feeling full. As you progress things will get easier, so don’t beat yourself up for not doing as well as you’d hoped. This is a marathon not a sprint, so the over days will balance out the under days in the end analysis.

Hope the rest of the week becomes easier for you, Lauryloo.

Please log in or register to post a reply.