Starving 2 hours before dinner! Help plz

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MooLoc
    on

Hello,
    I’m new to BSD and have read the book.
    Please can you share your tips for those ‘starving’ moments. Two hours til family dinner & I’ve tried the glass of water and a tablespoon of nuts ( I grudge the high calories) to help.
    Just wait it out?
    Mind over matter?!
    Would love your ideas! Thanks

• posted by Patsy
    on

A cup of tea – normal or fruit/herb can help.

It does get easier, honestly.

• posted by Snaggers
    on

Hi Moo loc

I’m on week 7 (36lb loss so far) I try to avoid any time where the hunger really kicks in, I really needed to plan for these times as that is when I am at my weakest. Nuts are good, but maybe try an apple, or some berries with some yoghurt, maybe just the yoghurt (with nuts).

I roast a chicken every few days and have cold roast chicken permanently in the fridge, protein is always satisfying and you can get away with picking only a few bits. The chicken forms the basis of my lunch salad, I also use prawns so these are good to pick at too.

I also have a pot of chicken stock on the go, my wife hates it but I use it for sauces and when I’m hungry I drink a cup of it, it’s only a few calories and far more substantial and tasty than just water. Flavoured tea can also give your a temporary stay until dinner, lemon and peppermint are my favs.

Raw veg with seasoning can also be your friend, I love carrots and coriander, cherry tomatoes with dried garlic, mange tout blanched in the chicken stock. I try to go for something tasty and or bulky and “dress it up”.

You have to look at what you like and distil that down to a low calorie, accessible and hopefully satisfying snack, not easy but 100% worth every second of prep and planning. Remember if you are snacking eat slow and STOP as soon as you do not feel hungry.

Good luck !

• posted by MooLoc
    on

Thank you! I cut a slice off a portobello mushroom that I was cooking!
    Great ideas Snaggers, thanks.

• posted by Izzy
    on

sugar free gum helps me 🙂

• posted by thepolly
    on

I try to get through it by drinking water/herbal tea but tbh most of the time now I’m not getting very hungry. When I am and the other stuff hasn’t worked then I just try and find something to do until it passes (which it does)…. Stick with it, as everyone says, it really does get easier x

Please log in or register to post a reply.