Starting!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bluehelps
    on

Well I’m very excited to be starting the 800 cal 8 week ‘challenge’. I’m overweight bordering obese and although I’m not diabetic many in my family are.
    I’d really appreciate some support. Any one also starting?

• posted by Cambridgedon
    on

Hi, I started on Saturday and so far so good. Not obese or pre-diabetic but just looking to reduce the stomach fat, 36 inch waist on a 5’9 inch guy is not good and also to reduce fat in my liver and pancreas which must be there. Currently 82kg and hoping to get down to 70kg by the end of the 8 weeks. Eating real food and sticking to 800 cals or less. I’m using MyFitnessPal to track the food I eat and I think that is helping. Breaking the 800 calories into this ratio:

Carbs: 40g = 160 Cals
    Protein: 80g = 320 Cals
    Fat: 36g = 320 Cals

Good luck!

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hiya – I am re-starting!!

I did 8 weeks in January/February and lost 2 stone – although I have kept the weight off I have been slowly letting carbs creep back into my diet and my lumpy tummy has returned – funny how just by allowing this to happen my body shape has completely changed. Time to do something about it – don’t want all my nice new clothes that I bought to get too tight!!

I am re-starting tomorrow and I am looking forward to getting everything back under control – first goal as I currently weigh 13st3lb (i’m 5ft3″), is to get into the 12’s… something I didn’t manage last time… then it is to get to 12st 7… and then it’s to be able to buy a size 12!!

Lot’s of 12’s going on lol!!

Let’s all do this together :o)

Much Love,
    Rebecca xx

• posted by Bluehelps
    on

Thank you both. I see it’s a good idea to state some goals and I really like the carbs/protein/fat goals. So – I’m 73 kg and it would be fantastic to lose 10kg but I’m not sure that’s feasible in 8 weeks so I’m going to aim for 8kg loss in 8 weeks.
    Here we go.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hey Buffylover, good to see your name again!

• posted by Cambridgedon
    on

Was feeling very hungry yesterday evening but managed to hold out. Was slightly over my 800 limit at 875 but I think that’s not too bad – it was the butter I cooked the scrambled eggs in that did most of the damage – 72 cal in 10g.

This morning wasn’t hungry at all until 11am so had breakfast then – yoghurt, raspberries and blueberries for a total of 294 cals.
    Maybe I’ll skip lunch and have a 500 cal dinner 🙂

• posted by Cambridgedon
    on

Oh and drank 3 litres of water instead of the 6 cups of coffee I would normally get through!

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hey Californiagirl!! Thanks, good to be back and see all your names again :o)

Day one has been ok so far – with the exception of drinking a lot of water and now they have turned the water off at work to fix a leak in the building and now I really need a wee!!! aaarrrggghhhh!!!

Hey Cambridgedon, your breakfast sounds lovely, puts my 2 hard boiled eggs to shame! Bring on lunch – ham salad, I’m trying to wait as late as possible before I tuck in!

xx

• posted by Cambridgedon
    on

Thanks BuffyLover! Had lunch at 3pm – chicken stir fry and that leaves 180 cals for dinner. Feeling really full so may skip it – nah not gonna happen 😊

Please log in or register to post a reply.