Starting today….My Journey to the NEW ME Begins…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Good morning fellow BSD’s…
    I was going to wait until my birthday is out of the way next week before fully indulging in the BSD but my FBS this morning along with an increase of 3 pounds in weight has spurred me on to start TODAY and stop procrastinating as there will always be a reason I can t start..iykwim

So, am here and goodness me I am setting myself mini goals as with over 6 stones to shift in all, I will be putting too much stress on self to think that far ahead. In addition the medicines am on are apparently known to add weight on so am def not in a happy camp.

Been reading lots of the posts on here and there are so many inspiring people who have successfully applied the principles of the diet and losing fabulous amounts which in turn, encourage those of us just starting out, so Thank you to all of you.

My vitals today are:

FBS: 9.1
    Weight 13:13

Breakfast: Raspberry Smoothie – from recipe section on here

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi welcome to the BSD, you are quite right to just jump in there never is a right time! Don’t worry about the amount you have to lose I set small targets (7lb’s at a time) Just remember that every 1lb you lose is a step forwards and nearer your ultimate goal, and every 1lb lost improves your health too. We’re not waiting for the finish line to enjoy life here at BSD, we’re learning to embrace the journey and enjoy it as we go. Many of us – myself included generally feel better after a short while on the diet, increased energy and well being well before the finish line. Don’t be discouraged if your losses are not as fast as some we are all different, I’m a slower loser myself but we will all get there.

Hope you liked the smoothie and remember anything with yoghurt should be full fat ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks Izzy. Yes full fat was greek style from Aldi. Quite yummy too.
    I think small goals will help me focus as well.
    I am obsessing on food /menus at the moment but am sure others do at the beginning too

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello and congratulations on making a decision to start BSD today!
    I’m only ten days in,and haven’t found it anywhere near as difficult as i expected. I was dreading it really but its actually fairly easy so far – first day i had cravings but they do pass. Ditching the carbs really does help curb appetite and cravings! Ive lost 13 1/4 pounds in ten days.
    Hope yr first day/ first week goes well for you ! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks Yowzer! That’s an amazing result!

So far so good….for lunch ( even tho not really hungry ) I have had Deli Hummus with some carrot and cucumber pepper sticks..yummy. Drank 1 litre of Pelligrano with ice n lime…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hows it going 1960? X

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Aw thanks for asking Yowzer. So far I know I have lost 2 pounds! And that is despite not following the diet 100% all week. I am celebrating my 56th today too and daughters had made a cake! Had a miniscule piece and I also made one with fruit and almond flour so we will see.

Bought myself a water infuser and it’s true it gets you drinking lots more so that’s helping too.

I have made smoothies and couple other recipes from book and on here which is motivating me to cook more and from basic ingredients. So enjoyable.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

1960! Happy Birthday ! ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿท๐Ÿฐ๐ŸŽˆ..sounds like yr days going well x!
    Arent you glad you didnt procrastinate now youre 2 lbs lighter… 4 packs of butter! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    Wishing you a healthy happy year ahead and may all yr dreams come true,,and enjoy the rest of yr special day today x

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

O yes def glad but hope not too damage done after todays foods…

Still, we re begin tomorrow. One thing, I was really not too tempted by some choices of food where normally I would have succumbed…

Onwards and forwards….

• posted by 1960smp
    on

O well, the weigh in revealed today I did more damage than expected! However, I admit I overindulged so no one to blame but myself….
    Done now…

So, I begin again…( how many times can one begin duh )

One thing has changed tho, which am thrilled about. Read online about drinking infused water, so I bought me one a good one! Called More Water and holds 900mls so a good size. I actually am preferring to drink this more than my brews so glad for that change…

So, here’s to week 2…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Here’s to A fresh start 1960!
    Well you did have a birthday to celebrate..and its still a win coz you did lose 2 lb so even if youve regained some weight you are still 2 lb lower from what you wd have been if you hadnt lost that anyway! If you can follow that.
    I must look up water infusers,never heard of them,but i do need encouraging to drink more water x

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Tower thanks for the encouragement but I ended up 5 pounds heavier boohoo hoodoo

The water infuser is excellent – I adore lemon and lime it’s so refreshing!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

But if you hadnt lost that 2 lb,you would be SEVEN pounds heavier! i know what you mean tho, its frustrating, depressing …
    However it could well be you’ ll see a big drop this week! I lost 12 lb first week..mainly water i know,but looks so much cheerier on the scale reading!
    Anyways we just got to grit our teeth and enjoy our journey as best we can..i must say i’ m really enjoying my meals!…and they say its the journey not the destination that matters! X

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Actually just wondering if the added insulin is causing me a problem losing weight?

Any ideas?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I’ m still trying to get my head round the whole role of insulin and idont really know anything about diabetes,but i read that insulin is called the fat hormone, so i guess you’re right and it could put a spanner in the works..have you asked yr GP? i think less carbs will deffo mean that process will improve for you anyway so keep going! X i don’t think you’ll regret it x

• posted by 1960smp
    on

I dunno how many times one can “start again” but I am!!

Since I did start I lost and after being away for a week and controlled to a degree, am afraid being in holiday mood as well as hard to adhere to, with such lovely food about , I succumbed to more than I should and am now 3 pounds heavier than when I started this thread YIKES!!
    I have been shopping ( hate to on a Sunday but needs must ) got plenty of yoghurt , veggies, and eggs in

I am busy planning my menu for the week and will do the 800 BSD to give me a head start as not sure my diabetic nurse will see eye to eye as we are trying to get the insulin units right with taking the preds…BUT I Have got to do something or am just going to add more and more on….

• posted by 1960smp
    on

So I begin again today

Day 1
    FBS: 8.8
    Weight 14.0

( not too bad I guess…have increased by 3 pounds since I first began… )

Breakfast: The Blueberry & Green Tea shake from book – rather miffed tho as it states 100 calories and I accurately entered all into MFP and it comes out at 178 calories!!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

To be honest I did think the shake wasn’t as creamy as I expected so may indulge in more of the yoghurt next time.
    Lunch was a 2 egg omelette done in my airfryer!! Delicious indeed
    Dinner was Pork steaks with stir fried veg.
    Managed to drink at least 2 litres of infused water ( lemon & lime )

Trying to plan weeks meals but keep finding more foods I like look of lol

Please log in or register to post a reply.