Starting today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by annielyn
    on

Hi Everyone… Just to say hello. I am starting Fast 800. Feeling positive and hoping for positive results ( well negative on the scale but you know what I mean).. Any tips for me ?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome to the site annielyn. Tips, there are so many. No.1 when you have a question post it in the search engine top of the page, they have bound to have been asked many times before, if no results just ask. No.2 get rid of temptation foods and snacks. No.3 get organised – plan you menu a few days in advance so you dont get caught not knowing what to eat next, No.4 shop accordingly. No.5 try to eat something different each day, it keeps the motivation up rather than having the same old day in day out. No.6 dont fall into the trap of eating good carbs like oats, brown rice, brown pasta or any replacement carb – they are still carbs and although slower burning watch out for their calories. No.7 drink at least 1.5 litres (preferably 2) each day, always have a glass of water by you. No.8 get rid of your fear of fats but only use good fat like olive oil, rapeseed oil, you can used butter (marge is poison) eat full fat cheese, full fat Greek yoghurt (never fruit yoghurts) again watch the calories so not free foods. No.9 do your cholesterol a favour with the good fats at No.8 by also eating oily fish or avocados and nuts (again watch the calories).

Hope that is something to be going on with. You will feel hungry for a few days, you might get ratty – called carb flu and is carb and sugar withdrawal. You will pee a lot, that is the fat leaving your body and you will have plateaus when you dont lose any weight, stick with it, they pass.

Good luck.

• posted by annielyn
    on

Dear Sunshine Girl

Thank you so much for the tips.. Very helpful.. You are right about getting over my fear of fats… I have a life-time of low calorie brainwashing to abandon!. I am shopping today and planning my first few weeks meals and snacks to avoid hitting the biscuit tin..

How is your journey going ?

on

Hi there, I have been on this plan for 14 months and have reduced my BG from 180 / 190 (10 / 10.5) over that time to around 80 or 90 (4.0 or 4.5) although this drop happened within the first 6 weeks of the diet. Over that time I have reduced insulin from 38 / 40 units daily to 19 units whilst trying to maintain the 4.0 averages – so slowly slowly does it. I had an HbA1c this morning and hope my results are below 6.0 (they are always higher than daily pricking tests). As for my weight, I lost around 26 lbs but have slackened off a bit with holidays and regained around 10lbs which I have now made an inroad to and currently my total loss is 18 lbs. Having said that, I dont have a lot to lose and the BG is the most important thing for me as I want to get rid of the daily injections.

Good luck.

• posted by annielyn
    on

Hi.

You must be very pleased with your progress. It would be great to free yourself from injections though – as you say.. I will be happy to be feeling less bloated and to lose a few inches from my midriff.. I would love to cure my carb addiction..

on

Results 5.6, with cholesterol and triglycerides down to better than normal. See the doctor on Friday and want to be a pound lighter so I will be same as I was last time – i’ll tell him I’m on maintenance plan????

• posted by bigeater
    on

Great results sunshine girl!

Please log in or register to post a reply.