Starting Thursday but need advice please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Narnea
    on

Hello all,
    I have been feeling tired and unwell for a while and the other day I watched “dr in the house”. It was an episode where the lady (same age as me) was diagnosed as prediabetic, she had all the same symptoms as I do. Then I remembered that there are a number of close relatives with diabetes, my aunt has lost part of her foot because of it. Anyway long and the short of it is I got dr moselys book and am going to start the plan on Thursday.
    The thing is, I received my blood glucose monitor today and did a test 2hrs after eating. Result was 8mmol/l. And so looked this up on line and found one site sAid I am diabetic another said normal and another said pre diabetic!!
    Please can anyone clear this up for me?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Narnea, I personally only count the readings either on an empty stomach i.e. first thing in the morning and just before eating in the evening. If you test after eating you are bound to be high. As 3 sites gave you different responses you need to find a mean average but I wouldn’t test 2 hours after eating. I am diabetic but dont know about your results or your machine, what you need to do is test at the same time every day having eaten exactly the same thing or, as I do, on an empty stomach and look at your results now and again when you have been on the diet for a few days / weeks. I guess it is like going on someone elses scales, you will weigh different from at home but experiment and get to know your normal. By the way, what had you eaten. I rarely eat fruit but had a small piece of melon because I was sick of eating meat to snack on, 2 hours later my BG was 11.0, so be aware of what you are having to eat.

I have just noticed you are not diabetic, so why are you testing, just because someone had similar symptoms, you might be jumping the gun. In which case your BG readings are irrelevant. My husband is not diabetic and his readings 2 hours after eating are always higher than mine, admittedly he usually has a sandwich.

Please log in or register to post a reply.