Starting the 800 BSD 1 Feb 2021

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FreshStart
    on

Hi everyone

I just wanted to comment here to keep myself accountable and motivated to stick to this plan. I thought starting it on 1 Feb was a good idea because it can be my ‘February goal’ and because it’s a short month it hopefully will be easier to stick it through to the end. Maybe I’ll even post my weight and progress here (eek), and my exercise activity and food.

Feel free to join me if you want!

Have a great Feb!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome, Freahstart …. why not keep yourself accountable on the weekly thread. We’re a merry band if travellers, some new, some well established. It’s a very supportive group and everyone is made welcome.
    Best wishes for your new start tomorrow

• posted by Susie3
    on

Good morning, from Western Australia ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Thanks for starting this thread, FreshStart!
    After 10 months of pretty normal life, we are suddenly back into a short lockdown here – just a week, we hope.
    My BSD history is too long to recount – 4 years ago I did 4 cycles end to end and lost both my pre-diabetes and 30kg/4.7stone.
    Maintaining that loss has been a losing battle – I tried 5:2, low carb, keto….just steadily regained 20kg. It seems my body only needs 800 calories a day ๐Ÿ˜•!
    I actually re-started a couple of weeks ago, but would love to join you here. I know this works, if I’ve done it once I can do it again and I feel so much better in myself when I eat this way.
    You’re heading for success too, so let’s encourage each other as we go?!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All.Ive been off plan for a couple of weeks.starting again for February.the last few days I’ve had a gastro bug.so I’m not hungry at all.Im also in perth and sudden lockdown has come as a surprise .Im using this time to remember how lucky we are to have been virus free for so long.lm planning to concentrate on good fluid intake .limit carbs to 35gms and try to do 16.8..
    Susie3 where in perth are you?

• posted by Susie3
    on

Hi Butterlover!
    I’m in Leeming, how about you?
    Yes, we’ve had a good run and it’s hardly surprising to find ourselves back here…hope you can have a ‘good’ week ๐Ÿ˜Š
    I’m doing about the same as you, low carb and as long as possible overnight fast! Currently 97kg, aiming for 80kg which suits my 67 years!

• posted by FreshStart
    on

Hi everyone! Susie, Butterlover

I’m in NZ. I think i read in the news this morning that parts of Australia is back in lockdown. Hopefully it’s not for long.

Thanks for the encouragement. Would love to support each other here. It’s good to hear some success stories, and know that this does work.

I said I might put some of my stats here, so here goes:

weight: 99.2
    blood sugar: 8

I need to really work on the BS. usually in the morning it’s much lower, but i’m on my way down (hopefully)

have a good day, all!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi susie3 I’m in Edgewater.Ive been trying to follow this way of eating on and off for about 4 years with some success but nothing sustainable .currently 86.6kg .I want to get down to 75kg or 3 dress sizes.Im 68 and I have insulin resistance not diabetic yet.Im focussed on 1day at a time. Best Wishes for a successful week

• posted by Susie3
    on

Hi Butterlover – we sound so alike!
    I do hope you’re getting through this strange week OK? We live with our kids and grandkids, 8 in the house so it’s hardly ‘isolation’ here, pretty rowdy much of the time ๐Ÿ˜€
    I had a few discouraging days last week, keeping to the plan and yet still stuck on a brief ‘plateau’, but reminded today that it’s always worth hanging in there as a little more weight has dropped off!
    All the best,
    Sue

• posted by CharlieTHH
    on

Hey. I also started 1st of February – Hows it going for you so far? ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.