Starting over again!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JB1958
    on

Hi everyone. This is my first post so please bear with! I heard about the BSD about 2.5 weeks ago and felt inspired enough to download the book and start it the following day! I think because last year at this time I was 2 stone lighter and so annoyed I’d put the weight back I just needed to kickstart and get back to where I was.
    Anyway in the first week I lost 8lb, second week 3lb. Into the 4th day of my third week and a bit frustrated as no weight lost. This despite sticking rigidly to the 800 plan, drinking water etc.
    I’ve read on the forums that this is quite common so I guess I need to just stick it out. Blooming annoying though. I could understand it if I’d downed a few bottles of Pinot! It’s going to be a long haul so need to keep focused.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Did you take measurements when you started? When the scales stop moving temporarily usually the inches start going instead, as visceral fat is burned or the burned fat is temporarily replaced in the cells by water which takes up less room. If you didn’t measure, try on a pair of jeans that used to be too tight instead, you may just get a nice non scale victory to bolster your motivation instead.

• posted by JB1958
    on

Yes I did take measurements but I’ve not checked them since I started.
    I’ll do it in the morning to see if anything is different.
    I’m weighing all my ingredients as well so fingers crossed I can start shifting some more off this week!

Please log in or register to post a reply.