Starting out

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Andito
    on

Hi everyone – just thought I’d say hello. I half heartedly started the 800 calorie diet and lasted two days. I’ve come back round to “doing something about my eating’ and improving my lifestyle in general. It’s great to find this forum and to see the advice and support here. My first goal is changing my eating habits and swapping the comfort food for something that’s doing me more good. I like to cook so looking forward to discovering new things and adapting recipes. All the best everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Andito – good to have you with us. It sounds like you are in the right frame of mind to take this change on and give it a good go. Do make plenty of use of the forum, as it’s a great resource and there is so much wisdom, knowledge, support and encouragement here – it is certainly why I got to target weight.

Good that you enjoy cooking, as when tackling the BSD way of eating, as some one who cooks you will be able to find ways of adjusting recipes and rediscovering food. It’s helpful to set mini-goals to aim for along the way and these don’t necessarily need to be scales related, it could be increased fitness, dropping a clothing size, being able snick you belt in by one more notch, etc.

There are always a couple of challenges running – one weekly and one monthly – and it’s worth joining one of those threads, as they are populated by people at various stages along their BSD path, so there is plenty of advice and support to be had on either thread and I know you’d receive a warm welcome on either. The current weekly challenge has week 11 in the title and the monthly on has Halloween in the title, if you are interested.

Hope to see you out and about on the forum and look forward to reading about your progress and successes.

• posted by Andito
    on

Hi SunnyB thank you for your kind welcome and for the pointers to the challenges and resources. Looking forward to getting involved and making progress!

Please log in or register to post a reply.