Starting again…gently

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi everyone, so….the last couple of months have taken their toll, as I’m sure they have for many others. My eating habits took a nose dive, not helped by a relapse of some of my health problems, which meant access to food choices and medications led to me having more rubbish foods and weight gain as a result 🙁 I am now able to walk better (spinal problems caused havoc too) and at last my brain has decided to take action to get back on track to a healthier lifestyle!!! Being in lockdown with snackers in my family also encouraged me to eat more frequently, which has not been helpful. So, my first steps are to up the amount of Mediterranean foods and start IMF again. After a week or so I’ll then move back into a stricter daily 800 kcal regime, which I know works (especially for someone as obese as I am). Anyway, just wanted to say hi as I rejoin the fold! Big love to everyone and hope life is treating everyone as well as can be expected xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Ellie – apologies but I’ve only just seen your post, somehow managed to miss it before. Anyway, sorry you have been struggling over the last couple of months. These are strange times, but it sounds like you have had extra stuff to cope with.

It’s great you are making plans to get back on track with the BSD. Why not join the weekly thread, where there is plenty of support and advice to tap into? We are always happy to have newcomers and returners join our merry band, so just dive in.

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Hey Ellie,
    I’ve joined again this week too. I spent the week before changing my mind set and trying to get into good habits so I felt ready to join in.. so yes, I started gently too.

Sorry for the health problems you have experienced that only adds to the challenge and I think many have been also struggling with lockdown snacking so it is good that you have made the decision to join. The way I see it is there is nothing to lose .. other than lots of KGs of course. It is going to be a long term job for me to not only lose the weight but to maintain what I lose so I figure that there is strength in numbers and it’s going to be easier to face this challenge with people of like mind who have a lot of experience to share.

So well done for making it onto the board and i’m looking forward to hearing about your success over the coming weeks! GreenGal 🥦

• posted by zuzuvela
    on

I also started again a little over 6 weeks ago. I did a few weeks a couple of years ago but I found it hard to combine with everyday life. Somehow the lockdown makes it easier for me. The cravings disappeared quite quickly for me and you get used to 800 calories. Having a 12-hour fast overnight between meals also works well and drinking plenty of water. When I slowed down a bit I made sure I drank more water and it helped. Good luck!

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Thanks everyone – I didn’t get an email with your replies, so sorry for taking a while to respond. Thank you to everyone for your encouragement 🙂 I’m doing ok, but having a struggle with reducing carbs at the moment, but will press on! I’ll pop on to the weekly threads when I can….been having a few internet issues but hopefully resolved now 🙂 Take care everyone x

Please log in or register to post a reply.