Starting again and need a kick up the bum!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by spendloven
    on

Hello All,

I started this diet twice so far and never seem to get passed the first week, even with loosing 10lbs in that first week and feeling great, Im finding it very hard to stick too.

After emergency spinal surgery, moving house, new job and settling my 2year old into a new nursery, I finally feel ready to start again.

Has anyone got advice about dealing with husbands who snack a lot and who arnt the best of influences.

Currently at 15.3 stone and need to get down to 12. I’ve lost 2 stone in the last year and have managed to keep it off but ive notice its creeping up again….

Need a kick up the bum to stay motivated this time and hopefully I’ll get to my 8 weeks!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi spendloven – welcome back to the BSD! It sounds like you have had a lot to contend with recently, but hopefully you are in a better headspace now and ready to really get to grips with this new way of eating.
    I found making myself accountable on the forum, has really helped me to stay on track and has also helped to boost moral when things felt like they were getting away from me. There are also some really inspirational stories to read on here, which are bound to make you feel, ‘if they can do it, so can I’.
    I’m lucky, as my husband is pretty good at not tempting me with stuff I shouldn’t be consuming, other than to make one offer to share the cake/crisps/sweets and once told no thanks, doesn’t offer again. If you ask your husband to behave similarly and not to put temptation in your way, do you think you might be able to get him on side? Perhaps explaining your reasons for wanting to do the BSD and how important it is to you, he will be prepared to support your efforts.
    I hope you manage to do the eight weeks and see some excellent results. Keep posting and make good use of the forum for support and advice. Good luck with it and please let us know how you get on.

• posted by spendloven
    on

Thank you for the encouraging words.

My husbands a bit of an arse sometimes and a big eater himself, our bodies process food differently I guess as he eats way to much to be of medium build. Its more of I see him eating it and then I want it, the same when buying the shopping he asks for snacks etc and then I have some…..naughty really.

Healthy eating would do my family the world of good if my son wasn’t a massively fussy eater and my husband eating what he fancies….I’m looking at cooking 3 dinners

• posted by SunnyB
    on

When cooking, I just include a carb element for my OH and leave it out for me, so that I am just cooking one meal with an addition for him. Try to keep it simple – especially in the first couple of weeks while you are bedding in with the new regime. For main meals, look at just having simply cooked meat or fish, with either veggies or salad. Add in herbs and spices to help keep it interesting and you can use rubs for the meat/fish or a small knob of flavoured butter, dressings for salads, etc. Just be sure to calculate and record all your cals and carbs to keep you on track.
    Keep some BSD friendly snacks around – nuts, berries, yogurt (natural full fat, not the fruit or low fat kind), even a square of dark chocolate. You will soon find you don’t need the snacks, as your body will adjust and you will find your pallet changes and you don’t want sweet ‘treats’ anymore.

Hope it goes well and you get the eight weeks under your belt. Keep posting!

• posted by Notonmybelly
    on

Just keep going
    If the 800 calories is too hard-then just follow the eating plan and like me you may find the 800 days start dropping into the mix.

Please log in or register to post a reply.