Starting 30 April Looking for fellow travellers!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by HappyKangaroo
    on

8 weeks, I’m still in hospital, looking at months of rehab. Stuck to low carb 100% and weight loss as of this morning…., 16 kilos!!! 35 lbs, 2.5 stone!!
    Well done everyone!! Thank you all for your support, it’s been brilliant.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hi Happy Kangaroo
    Congratulations on your continued weightloss, absolutely miserable being in hospital but what a job you’re doing as an ambassador for this way of eating. Take good care of yourself.
    Maggie

on

Maggie, wow lovely words. That means a lot. Thank you so much! 😊

• posted by terryBW
    on

Hi everyone, I am 70 and after retiring a year ago piled on about 25kg, most I figure must just come from not working although even when I worked I spent most of my time in front of my computer ( computer graphics ), now the doctor is waving the red type 2 flag, my problem is that I have never cooked a lot, I don’t have a cooker as such, just a combination microwave and an induction hob, it’s not so much the cooking that floors me it is the being organised bit, I have spent the last two weeks accumulating the things I think I will need, ie loads of nuts, berries and spices but still feel a little daunted at starting the diet, This Sunday is my proposed launch date, I need to lose about 30kg I am told by the BMI thingy on line, so wish me well, any advice and encouragement gratefully received, have a good day all out there, regards Terry

• posted by Tapemeasuremum
    on

Dear Terry
    Good luck! With a combination microwave and an induction hob you have lots of options. I think the hardest bit is deciding to start and as you say, getting all the bits and pieces together. My first thought is that a freezer would be useful if you want to cook a few portions of something, eat some and freeze the rest. I had a very organised colleague once who always cooked three portions – one for dinner, one for lunch the next day and one for the freezer. Also there are some very good frozen packs of veg out there – if you are in the UK Waitrose do a great Mediterranean selection, and the other supermarkets have good options.

If you are busy, or not feeling too organised, having dinner in the freezer is a good feeling. You’ll get lots of help from this group – and I love talking about food! So any requests for recipes and so on will be met with enthusiasm.

You will feel great after just a few days and that makes it easier to stick at it.

Keep posting – let us know how you are doing.

x

• posted by Maid2Measure
    on

How is everyone on this thread doing? Drop by and let me know. I’m needing to get back on the wagon 🙁

• posted by terryBW
    on

Thanks for the advice Tapemeasuremum, have now done my 8 weeks and lost around 10kg so well happy, seem to have stalled at the moment, don’t know why as I am still sticking to the rules, may try a low carb 8 week next as I still need to lose another 10kg to hit target, but at least I have mastered the cooking bit, good luck and best wishes to you all

on

Hey Maid2Measure how are you? I’m home from my accident now and still in bad shape unfortunately and need a lot of help with daily living. I stuck to low carb throughout and still haven’t cheated, after the accident and everything it brought it made changing my eating pretty easy. I don’t know what my weight is, my original loss was 16 kilos (35 lbs). I was a size 22 and got into a size 14 dress last week so I’m feeling really pleased about that and people comment about how much weight I have lost so I’m pretty happy. I was assessed by an Occupational Therapist for the insurers for the accident, and not knowing I was on an eating plan noted that I was of ‘normal’ weight. Normal!!! Woo hoo. Now there is still a bit of a tummy there but progress is being made! How are you doing? When are you getting back on the wagon? Love to hear from you and here for any support you might like!

Hi Terry, I just read your post and hope you are doing well, stop by and say hi!

Cheers!

• posted by caronl
    on

I was thinking of you just the other day, HappyKangaroo, and wondering how you were. Good to hear from you, and to know that you have now left hospital. I suspect you have a long recovery path ahead of you? So wishing you well, and many many congratulations for sticking with the healthy eating despite the challenges you face. xx

on

Caronl, thank you so much! Yes, perhaps a year, I don’t know. It’s all good though, I’ll get there. How are you doing? Great to hear from you xx

• posted by Tapemeasuremum
    on

Well done HappyKangaroo, Maid2Measure and TerryBW, amazing progress.

TerryBW, ages ago on this thread someone recommended The Obesity Code by Jason Fung. It is worth a read if you are stuck, as I was a couple of months ago. I have now reached my target of losing 4″ from my waist, but have decided to keep going to try to lose another couple of inches. So glad we are keeping in touch.

Love from TapeMeasureMum xx

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hello everyone – nice to see a few of you again. HappyKangaroo I have been meaning to post for ages to see how you are. Really glad you are out of hospital and sounding so positive despite everything. And how fantastic that you have achieved so much on the BSD even with everything else that has been going on. Wishing you well for a full recovery over the next few months.

I’ve been stalling a bit weight-wise recently so am about to launch into another 4-week challenge to hopefully see a bit of downward movement.

Good luck everyone X

• posted by Maid2Measure
    on

Hello everyone! Really nice to hear from you, thank you. I have climbed back onto the wagon today, and started low carb, but not low calorie. When I get too hungry I get very stressed as I have quite a stressful lifestyle. Glad your out of hospital and still loosing weight HappyKangaroo. You are very positive and inspiring!

Please log in or register to post a reply.