Starting 22nd May, anyone like to join me for the 8 week journey?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by janeandmoses
    on

Yes please, I’d like to join. I tried in March and lasted a week but I did lose weight!!! Why did I stop!! My own worst enemy. I need to join you all for motivation. My downfall is I love wine at the weekends, and wine leads to food!!

I just bought some butternut squash ‘spaghetti’ thinking that would be great, still has lots of carbs!! It is difficult finding foods with few carbs that are not meat, or dairy. Any ideas please.

Look forward to seeing your success stories through the coming weeks X

• posted by Madmare
    on

Hi Frazzledmum
    I feel for you. I have had similar experiences with my OH who would serve masses of potatoes after being told I was off carbs saying ‘ a potato’ wont hurt you’ or having a massive tantrum when I would not eat pasta.

I have come to the unpleasant conclusion that no they dont want us to lose the weight – not sure why, possibly don’t like change, they find it threatening, or maybe they may have to have a good hard look at themselves.
    Just be strong, and I agree a bad nights sleep plays havoc with your ability to be rational.
    We are all here for you and want you to lose weight

Keep the faith, and when you lose weight and your eyes sparkle and you have masses of energy then he will have to think again!

• posted by becia
    on

Hi can I join in as well ??

• posted by Lindarina
    on

The more the merrier, becia ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Frazzledmum – for the next 8 weeks decide that your priority is going to be looking after No. 1 first, and then the rest of the family. Not the other way round which you have probably been doing forever!
    Luella & Sunshine girl – I think for a suitable weight loss carbs can be 30-50 grams per day depending how quick you want to lose the weight.

• posted by elly johnston
    on

End of day 2 and apart from a banging headache and peeing for Ireland I’ve managed.
    Dinner tonight was a steak burger and green salad. No burger bap no fries no glass of wine I’m sticking with water.
    I recently found out I have a potential heart problem and have to have angioplasty and maybe a stent. Reading the cardiologist’s report brought me up short. Described as middle aged and moderately overweight galvanized me to wake up and do something about it. I’m healthy in every other respect, walk my 2 dogs daily and try to be as active as I can but obviously need to up the ante on the activity front! I’m really going to try very hard to drop that weight in 8 weeks. Mid afternoon is my wobble point. I work in an office and there’s always sweets and cakes on the go but I’ve managed to ignore the sweet treats since Fri in preparation for starting so fingers crossed my willpower will hold!

• posted by elly johnston
    on

Theodora 3 stone is amazing! That’s like a small person! You must have pretty excellent willpower so I will be checking in with you every so often for motivation
    Husband is away for 2 days so no one is eating cakes and biscuits in front of me!

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Had Moroccan spiced chickpea salad tonight which is rather filling which I shared with hubbie and have another 2 portions which we will eat on Thursday evening. However I was surprised that raisins were included in the recipe so just wondered what everyone thought?

• posted by becia
    on

Thank you .Day 2 completed hopefully with all of you support I will complete the 8 weeks .Good luck to everyone xx.

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

AngieTW – you would only be having 25 grams of raisins @ 75 calories per portion so then it doesn’t seem so bad but thank goodness these recipes are counted out for us!
    Becia well done on your 2nd day – keep at it.
    Elly – sorry to hear about your heart problems, losing a little weight will help a lot.

Cals today 900 = doing well on day 2.
    Love to all – let’s keep going.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Thank you Jackie for your help and support. Looking forward to tomorrow

• posted by PaulP1983
    on

Going to join aswell folks if that’s okay . Started today. Plan to lose 50pds.
    Start weight 244.4
    Cals 818. Tracking on my fitness pal. Drank two litres water.
    Hoping this plan works fast as heading Holiday in 9 weeks. Did the 5:2 last year for 6 weeks and lost 15pds. Going to try and do the 8 weeks at 800 cals. One day at a time. Then will move to the 5:2 as it’s very sustainable.

• posted by MsSootica
    on

Hi could I join? I started yesterday too. 850 yesterday and 800 today. 30 min jog yesterday and today. 10000 steps yesterday, 8500 today.
    Current weight 170lb, ultimate goal 135.
    I lost this weight in four months three years ago but have put it all back on recently after a crappy time and binge eating. Hoping breaking the carb / sugar addiction this will help lift my mood as well – am already feeling better having started cutting down a week ago before “hard start”.
    Have never done such a low carb diet before and am a bit scared!

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Well I have got my hangry hat on! I am in week 4 day 3 and feeling hangry. For the last 48 hours I have been in a terrible snappy mood. My children wake me regularly at night and I have numerous work deadlines as well as planning my husbands fortieth bday party this weekend. I really want to make it to the end of 8 weeks which is exactly the 26th of June but hope that I stop being so cranky soon! I know I will just be disappointed in myself if I give up. Last night I ended up eating three corn crackers and dip bringing me up to 950 calories rather than 800 and this does happen quite a bit. Sorry for the moan! Totally understand how you feel though frazzled mum! I’m cranky hangry mum!

• posted by Lindarina
    on

Lucyjane, don’t give up. Consider 950 kcal a small sucess on such a busy, sleep deprived day. But I hate that hangry feeling too.

Personally, I use food as comfort or a reward if I’m tired or had a busy day. I can’t do that anymore. I think that’s part of why I’m feeling hangry sometimes. I need to find something other than snacking to relax after a hard day, but that’s a habit that’s hard to break for me.

• posted by MsSootica
    on

I agree LucyJane it’s actually brilliant to only have a 150 cal snack when you are feeling so rubbish! You could have totally binged! Another day today

• posted by Angie TW
    on

If you have a bad day don’t worry as the next day start again so please don’t feel guilty as we all want you to reach your goal. However, Mindfulness is supposed to help alrihough I have not had time to do this yet!

• posted by Frazzledmum
    on

The hangry feelings are a big issue for me. I think for me that I have a whole heap of emotional “stuff” around my eating and I struggle to find away through/out of it. There don’t seem to be an resources to help me unpack it. Lucyjane I agree that all the pressure makes it harder but ONLY 150cal snack is still amazing today is another day. I am trying (and I can as I am home based – which also has it’s challenges) to have breakfast after 10am as the time I struggle with worst is around 6-9pm around evening meal time. So to keep the wolf from the door I have been in touch with you all and now will nip out and milk the goats. At least the sun is shining ….

• posted by Angie TW
    on

16000 steps Monday and Tuesday and going to the gym tonight to do HIT and weights. Really love the recipes and had eggs with spinach today which is so filling. Really motivated as this could be the diet when I lose my weight. Only problem being is that we are visiting in-laws on 15-18 June. It will be easy when we go out to dinner but could potentially be difficult when eating in. I may allow myself a glass of wine. Hopefully by then I will be seeing results. Also it is our 30th Wedding Anniversary in September so want to look good for then.

• posted by PaulP1983
    on

After day 1 down 4.2pds. Day two on track.

• posted by MsSootica
    on

With regards to hangry and having cravings I find that if they are “head” cravings not real hunger then if I exercise the hunger often goes away!

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

AngieTW – when you visit your in-laws you will already be so much lighter and not want to undo your hard work and you will have a better idea of what you can and can’t eat so that should make it easier.
    PaulP – well done on your loss already.
    MsSootica – you did very well last time so realise it can be achieved. I’m also a binge eater.

Cals today 950 (no worries – bit less tomorrow.
    Night all. See you on day 4.

• posted by Lindarina
    on

Monday: 810 kcal
    Tuesday: 1071 kcal
    Wednesday: 1015 kcal

I had to social events this week with lots of food, so I think I managed ok. I’m still learning, right? But today I aime to stay a bit below 800 to even things out.

I’ve lost 1,7 kg in three days, most of which I’ve peed out. But it’s still motivating ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Feeling great today and on track I will post my morning weight next Monday. Can’t wait to see how much weight I have lost!
    I may treat myself to a G&T at the weekend!

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi all
    I’m in. I’m sick of myself. I am obese according to every measurement tool.
    Have done a bit of it before. But fell off the wagon. Can’t believe another summer is here and I am sweaty..whilst many of my friends are away running marathons.
    Absolutely motivated now.
    I am an eater. So I do need to punctuate my day with meals even if they are tiny.
    This is day 2
    Weight today 15 stone 4.8 (FAT)
    B..1 small Warburton seeded batch.1 egg 1 slice corned beef.
    L. Miso soup.
    T. Chicken salad.
    If niggley..an options hot chocolate. I NEED to do things like that or I just go off the rails. I drink about 3 litres water.
    I have a holiday in 8 weeks so it is a good focus point.
    My next weigh in will be in 10 days. I find 10 day chunks good as it’s a decent amount of time and also I have a wedding that night.
    I try keep 800 cals and 50 carb. But I do think you need to listen to your body. If you need a bit if a carb day and I mean like a handful of rice or 1 wee bit of wholemeal bread..have it. What I do is slice my toast through the middle..then my brain and jaw thinks I am getting 2 bits!
    Good luck everyone.
    Let’s keep each other going. Xx
    Tattiescone

• posted by Lornamac
    on

Hope you’re laying off the tattie scones!! Good luck with it all. Im from Argyll…

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Tattiscone, you have the right attitude, especially when I comes to hunger. If you are hungry eat something, dont suffer but make it something diet friendls. You are not diabetic so if you want carbs have some but rarely and in moderation. That is what Dr M says, not to ban them completely, he knows when you are told you cant have something you will want it more. Just a word about corned beef, if it is the tinned stuff it is full of fat and not good fat, a slice of fresh ham would be better. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi Tattiescone – I remember you from Trelawney’s thread. I’m also doing the BSD again so good luck to us both.
    Now then, this might seem a bit silly but does 3 litre of water mean just water or do you count all the tea/coffee/squash etc you may have in a day. I’ve never quite understood that although it seems so simple. Please enlighten me everyone. Thanks

• posted by Lindarina
    on

Jackie: I wouldn’t count the coffee and tea as they can have a diuretic effect. I’m assuming you should drink most of the water, but there’s also a difference between having soup for dinner and a plain steak. Though question๐Ÿ˜„

• posted by Angie TW
    on

I had a diet coke tonight! Does anyone know if that is allowed occasionally?

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Lindarina – thanks – Never thought about liquid in food. I’ll be learning about this way of eating forever cos one thing leads to another.
    AngieTW – diet coke has no calories and hardly any carbs so you can drink it but obviously not as good for you as plain water. Enjoy in moderation.

Cals today 950 – can’t seem to keep at 800 but still doing well ( I think).Hope everyone else is.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Thanks Jackie it’s the first one this week and I am drinking loads of Fizzy water with lemon and mint which tastes great

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi everyone
    I try and drink 2 or 3 litres of just water. I try and drink 1.5 litres before midday. 1.5 after. Tea and coffee are separate. I do try and limit them to a couple of cups a day as I do like milk..milk is good..but I think Dr M advises to limit it a bit as creates a bit of a carby spike. Some people have a creamy coffee first thing to get them going.
    I was reading his book again last night and he says the odd diet drink is okay. My latest is just fizzy water from lidl…you get the same buzzy tongue feeling!
    Yup I agree ham would be better than corned beef.
    I think I did okay today. Was really hot here today so that stops a lot of eating..but I replaced it with sweating!
    Will def be staying aff the tattie scones Lornamac!!! Might have to sneek a wee something else in there!! Soup with a tattie in it!
    Keep going everyone. Good luck in the heat tomorrow.
    Tattiescone xx

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

Hi the week has been OK, I’ve stuck to eggs, salad and cauliflower mash wherever possible. I found great cheese stuffed jalapeรฑo peppers in Tesco (ยฃ2) quite low in cals and carbs. Fizzy water from supermarkets (17p) with no cal squeezy squash as a nice change. I’m confessing in advance to a prosecco or two tonight. At least we have the weather for salads folks!

• posted by RobOnAMission
    on

Hi Frazzledmum,

I’ve seen a couple of men on this string but not many, so just thought I’d reach out and offer my support as well, in addition to all of the others who have responded to you. My partner and I don’t live together and see each other only at weekends so that’s both a blessing and a curse in terms of her support! But I do empathise as my GP could not have been more sceptical or less supportive when I told him my plans. We ended up making a bet that I won’t have turned both my weight and blood sugar levels around when I see him next, after 12 weeks, and that is one powerful motivation! And for the first time in my life I have also told all my friends, work colleagues etc what I am doing – regardless of how supportive or not they are, the fact that I have ‘gone public’ and created and expectation is helping me when I hit the low points.

Obviously I don’t presume to speak for all men, but I am aware from work I have done in the past that partners (and it isn’t necessarily gender-linked) can feel threatened by the choices we make to improve our health. Sounds bizarre, doesn’t it? But it is a recognised phenomenon. However, as others have said, you are doing this for you. You have to put yourself first – possibly for the first time in a very long time, as a busy wife and mum. Hopefully your partner will see that this is important to you and change his tune.

I’m a little further along on my journey, having begun back in April, and coming now towards the end of week 7 (36lbs gone) but I plan to do 12 weeks so I’d love to join with you, Miss-Sunshine et al for the next few weeks, if I may.

Good wishes everyone!

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

Hi miss sunshine and everyone, can I join you too? I started just a week before you. My friend has joined Slimming World at the same time, she says she needs the support of a group. I think I could do with the support too which is how I’ve found this forum!
    It’s very inspiring reading everyone’s stories.
    Frazzled mum I really feel for you. My husband (always been slim and regulates what he eats – and never comfort eats) has not supported any diet I’ve ever been on and hates it if he thinks I am being ‘faddy’ around food. Amazingly, I told him about this one and got his full support, so I think it’s going to help me a lot just to know that he’s not grumbling in the background.
    And luckily my teenage son will eat almost anything – fish, seafood, veg… so they are both really happy to eat what I’m having, I’ll just chuck in some oven chips or new potatoes or rice as extras for them.
    But now my daughter’s back from uni for the summer and she’s very fussy and just about only eats meat and simple carbs – bread/pizza/pasta/roast potatoes… so I’m a bit worried about how that will impact on our eating.
    It’s tough when you have to balance cooking for a family as well as what you need to eat without having to resort to separate meals or face an angry backlash from anybody! ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

If you like eggs but can be bothered cooking them I’ve found a great little poacher/scrambler for 1 or 2 eggs. Its made by systema and looks like a tiny Tupperware container with a vent in the lid. I paid ยฃ3.99 for mine and its great. Crack an egg in it, mix with a fork, add a drop of milk, then add a cheese triangle if you like and microwave for 1.30 to 1.50 mins. Lovely for breakfast or anytime. Also scrambles 2 eggs to put on portobello mushrooms.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

It’s great more people are on this really good eating plan and we are giving each other support. I too tried Slimming World and found it really hard to lose weight.
    I started on Monday and feel very focussed especially with the help of the recipe book which gives me inspiration. Must ensure I don’t get into a rut with eating the same things each week. At the moment I am feeling like Popeye as I am eating so much spinach!!
    However, I am not feeling hungry which I am surprised about.
    Lunch today was houmus with roasted red pepper and pine nuts wrapped in Lettuce.
    Everyone at work is now eating ice cream and my will power is STRONG. I just want to lose up to 2 stone and feel great again

• posted by FatToSlim
    on

Late to the party, as ever, but would like to join the fun. I am aiming to lose 5 stone, 3 of which have appeared since my wife passed away last year. Started today and did not enjoy the initial weigh-in having avoided the scales for a while. Best of luck all.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Welcome on board fat to slim and I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your wife.
    Be positive and you can do it.

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Robonamission – you are doing really well on this diet. Maybe you will have some tips for us in due course. 36lb gone never to return you will be a great incentive to Fattoslim and all of us.
    Fattoslim – you are being very brave to try and get your life together after the sad loss of your wife. My condolences to you and your family. I wish you the very best of luck with this challenge and we are all here for you

• posted by Minnnie
    on

Hi everybody, can I join too?
    I started on the Monday 22nd and was reading this thread but didn’t register. I have not posted on a forum before.
    Suddenly realised that I can’t get in my clothes! Yikes!! The lovely hot weather this week has reinforced the problem.
    I have two hungry menfolk, my sons, needing food all the time so it going to be tough but I really want to succeed. It was so nice to read all the posts and see that I am not alone!

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Of course you can join and we will all support each other to reach our goals!

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi everyone
    Great to see us all helping each other along the way.
    Today I was hot in the weather. For about the 10th year in a row I thought..oh I wish I was 5 stone lighter. Anyway..I’m trying now.
    I’ve a day out tomorrow with the kids and shall avoid the burger vans!!!
    I have pre made my salad in a wee pink box.
    I did eat 1 x tiny homemade empire biscuit tonight. But och it’s Friday!
    I keep the bsd800 book by my bed rather like a bible and have a wee read at it last thing and first thing in the day. Just to keep me on track.
    Let’s get shrinking.
    Tattiescone

• posted by Nilesedge
    on

Can I please join your lovely group as well? ๐Ÿ™‚ I started on the 22nd too. So far I’ve lost 2.6kg, although I’m sure that’s mostly water and my starting weight was a big high as I’d eaten way too much for dinner the night before and really late at night as well. I’ve found it pretty easy so far, but it’s now Saturday and I always find weekends really challenging when I’m trying to lose weight.
    I hope you’re all doing well, Tattiescone – I love your idea of keeping the book next to your bed!

• posted by Angie TW
    on

I read some of the book last night as well and I have to step up the exercises for toning as I don’t want to be flabby.
    Really pleased with weight loss so far in fact I can’t believe it as I’ve never found such a good diet. Best not to eat any biscuits or sweet things as that will start the craving for sugar again.
    Unfortunately I have not had time to do the Mindfulness yet although I have downloaded the app – I have not found the time to do it!
    I can’t wait until Monday to see how much weight I have lost in a week.
    Happy Saturday everyone and good luck with the weight loss.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Joining a week late but I’m in! I started my second round of Fast800 today, having attempted my first round last October. (I managed three strict weeks, two not-so-strict weeks and then fell off the wagon – but had lost a stone in that period and felt great.

So I’m back for Round 2 knowing it’s hard but it works. I have around 4.5 stone to lose to be in the middle of the ‘healthy’ range for my height. My BMI is at 32. I’m female, about to turn 42, non-diabetic but have struggled with my weight since I was in my late teens.

The secret for me last year was being single minded about it: meal planning like a demon, logging everything on MyFitnessPal (often in advance) to see the kcal/carb content and drinking enough water. Good luck everyone!!

• posted by Lindarina
    on

Today has been a great day!

I woke up feeling fantastic. No more hunger, no brain fog, no hanrginess! I’m full of energy for the first time in a long time. Everything I put in my mouth tastes amazing. Right now I’m really enjoying this adventure!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far.

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Evening everyone.

Happy Spring Bank Holiday to us all. Like you Lindarina I am not feeling as hungry on the BSD, but as it is our wedding anniversary I took myself off (unfortunately husband not well) to the coffee shop for a cappucchino as a treat but avoided all cakes, pastries etc. I too am looking forward to Monday’s weigh in as good things should happen!
    Yesterday I made a birthday cake for grandson and didn’t even want to eat any of it. Amazing! My taste buds are already changing.
    Keep going everyone don’t let the munchies take over on this holiday weekend.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Yes really enjoying it. 1 apricot with Greek yoghurt and pecan nuts for breakfast then for lunch avocado the with feta tomatoes Lettuce and rocket. Diet coke tonight – it is the weekend! Naughty on calories today 950 but will cut down tomorrow.
    Not craving for any sweet food at all which is great.

Please log in or register to post a reply.