Starting 22nd May, anyone like to join me for the 8 week journey?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Miss-Sunshine
    on

Hi All,
    I have chosen this route after my sister & husband managed to lose 2st each last year. I’ve always been fit & active however the last 3 months I’ve managed to put on 1 1/2 stone.
    I am hoping there is someone out there who’d like to buddy up for support & encouragement to go on this journey together, as I’m sure there will be times all I want to do is eat chocolate..

Look forward to hearing from you.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hello there! YES I’m in! I did my first Fast 800 in Jan/Feb then started a second one March/April but fell off the bandwagon a bit towards the end. Nevertheless have still lost 23lb along the way which I’m thrilled about and is more than I expected when I set out. I’m just back from working in France for a while – too much bread and wine! – and want to lose another stone by the time I go on holiday in late July so and starting another 8-weeker tomorrow. Be great to have some company on the way 🙂

• posted by Jax61
    on

Hi, I would like to join you. I had a go in February but after attending a wedding went a bit mad. I want to get into my summer clothes but have a way to go. However, the fast results on this diet are a great way to kickstart the weightloss. Actually, I have had a good food day today although I intended to start tomorrow. Dreamscometrue, I understand the bread thing as have just returned from a cycling trip in Brittany. I have never eaten so much bread and carbs. Miss Sunshine, chocolate is always my downfall. It’s tough giving it up!

• posted by GEGE
    on

Hi yes I am starting tommorw. And would like to join in. Will be looking for all your encouragement and support throughout . I’m not diabetic YET but if continue I will be. This is the first time I have posted anything

on

Hi Dreamcometrue,

Not sure what I should be writing but it will good/great to have other people onboard. I’ve had a good day so far but my downfall is definitely in the evenings.
    Toast and butter, chocolate, cake well the list goes on & on.
    I tend to be all or nothing woman. Either I’m too disciplined or eat for 4 people in one sitting. It’s finding that happy balance.
    The scales are out to be weighed on and to be honest dreading it but it needs to be done 😱😱
    Let’s make it happen…

on

Hi GEGE,

So glad there are others like me that are looking for the support & encouragement. I’m with you as well. Here we go and like you this is my first time ever posting something in a forum.
    Tomorrow will be weigh day, do we post it or keep it to ourselves? I don’t mind sharing as it will keep me perhaps more on track & less likely to give up.

on

Hi Jax61,

It looks like we are a few of us together embarking on a journey. Let’s do it.. out with all the crap and think positive that for just 8 weeks we will be able to sustain this epic route.

• posted by Calanne
    on

Yes….I’m in too.

• posted by CarolineM23
    on

I’d love to join in, I need to lose weight for a holiday in 9 weeks and as I have put on a stone and a half I have nothing that fits!! I’m worried about being hungry and irritable but determined to try. I’m also a bit concerned about running as Im going to start training for a half marathon in October and I don’t know if it will give me enough energy, but I desperately need to lose weight so will be trying! So glad there are a few of us! Thanks!

• posted by Lindarina
    on

I would love to join you. I started Januray 1st and was good for about three weeks before life took over and I fell off the wagon. I did loose 4 kg though which I’ve kept off.

I’m ready to try again and I know this diet was good for me. After the first week I suddenly felt great. I had so much energy, and the hunger was gone. Can’t wait to get to that point again!

• posted by Frazzledmum
    on

Me in too – I started and managed 2 weeks really but it has all gone wrong this last week. Partly due to having too many children and having to feed them round the clock and having “stuff” in the house, 1 child doing A-levels and the WORST PMT I have ever had. Normally on reflection I self-medicate with wine and carbs so maybe that’s why it has been so bad.

Eggs for breakfast tomorrow!

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi everyone
    Please may I join too? I’ve done this before with Trelawny’s thread (Hi if you’re still around), and managed to lose a stone but guess what?most of it’s back on so would like to go again cos at least I KNOW it works if I stick with it. Like a few of you it’s the dreaded bread that’s my downfall and late night snacking like now I’m just eating a few Haribos (don’ t even like them but it’s a food mania – anything goes). So looking forward to tomorrow now and some support and will try and give some back. Love to all. Night night

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hello,
    Can I join this thread too? This is third time lucky for me. I did this for 5 weeks last year and lost 6 kilos, 3 weeks at the end of last year and lost 3 kilos and so this is third time lucky! I have just finished 3 weeks and have been pretty good say 4 days a week 850, 3 days at 1000 and 1 day where I went to a party and drank so much champagne I didn’t bother to count. So far I am down about 3.3 kilos so hoping for a whoosh. I always give up before the end so really want to get through the 8 weeks and stay away from alcohol and keep focused. I also have a holiday at the end and would love my clothes to be loose and fit well. My goal is for 7 kilos in the next 5 weeks!

• posted by Reginna8
    on

Count me in! My first time and would love some encouragement from people in the same boat 🙂
    Good Luck everyone!

on

Good morning all,

Had a bad night sleep which is not going help come this afternoon or evening. I’m going to start of with the blueberry/yoghurt tea drink this morning.
    But first I’ll need my 3 strong black coffees to get me going. I have got the 8 week BSD book with a number of recipes, is there another book or website you’d recommend for other alternatives. what is the recommended amount of carbs I should have per day?
    Reginna8 glad you’ve found us for the support we are all going to give each other. Lucyjane you’re doing great so far and yes you’ll lose the other 7 kg in the next weeks.
    Jackieppp you’re a pro in this thread of ours so perhaps you are able to give us some good valuable tips. I know exactly what you mean eating something that you’re not that fond of just for the sale to put it the mouth.
    What Is it with bread in the evenings with us ladies, it certainly looks like a common theme 😱 Amongst us all.
    Frazzledmum been where you are with children who are taking exams & self medication with a glass of wine in the evenings.
    Now you have a bunch of us who are able to support you when you want to reach out for that glass of wine.
    CarolineM23 I am supposed to run a 10km in 4 weeks gave up the running for the last two weeks but will do one tomorrow, like you I’m concerned I won’t have enough energy so get through this. Hoping my body will find the strength.
    Lindarina well done for keeping the four kg off.
    Here we go group our first day for some and other carry on. HAPPY MONDAY

• posted by Lindarina
    on

Good morning to everyone, and good luck on our first day!

I’m skipping breakfast today and am having crispbread with cheese + blueberries for lunch.

• posted by MrsSchoifield
    on

Hello Everyone,

My husband and myself have started the 8 week plan today and really hope it works. we have started with the green tea blend, jewelled feta peppers for lunch and lamb filled aubergine for evening meal, all prepped and ready as I’m on shifts. I’m excited to see results and love that others on here have started on thee same day.

Good luck everyone x

• posted by TSB
    on

Hello everyone, I would like to join too. So glad that there are others like me looking for the support and encouragement. This is my first time posting in a forum.
    Good luck.

• posted by elly johnston
    on

Hello
    I’d love to join in and could do with the support!
    I bought the recipe book and started the day with poached eggs with spinach, pinenuts & parmesan with a cup of black tea.
    More than I’d usually eat for breakfast but I’m determined to make this work for me
    Trouble is I live with 3 men 1 of whom I’m married to all of whom LOVE sweet treats
    I am also partial to wine and cheese and crisps and ALL the bad stuff
    Gonna go cold turkey for the first few days!
    Good luck to all xx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Elly, cold turkey is good – preferably for the whole 8 weeks. Way back in January I was in a similar position as you – surrounded by men (husband and sons) who can and do eat for England, never putting on an ounce. I was never allowed to make a meal without a pud to follow! I went totally cold turkey, lost 3st in 16 weeks and am now on 3rd week of maintenance and feel great – younger and better than I have in years. Believe me, your tastes and habits will change – for instance, yesterday at my son’s request I made his (and used to be my) favourite bread and butter pudding with home made custard. I wasn’t even vaguely tempted! Not even the crispy bits around the empty dish. Now in maintenance I have reintroduced a glass of wine in the evening which I really savour (but no crisps) but my taste for sweet things has totally disappeared. Good luck on your journey.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Yes I’ll buddy up with you as I am starting today too

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

Yes I’d love to buddy up with you. I’ve been on it several days as a practise run but today is my start. I’m looking forward to sharing tips or offering encouragement. I’ve planned my meals for this week to give myself the best chance.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Great looking forward to some of your meal ideas

• posted by Madmare
    on

Hi
    Can I join too?
    Been doing this for a month but been silly for last two weeks!! I managed last year to lose 12lbs but put put 7 back on!
    I have a holiday in 10 weeks so would love to lose a stone.
    I have bought some new scales and discovered that the old ones were not very accurate!
    Good luck to everyone and looking forward to hearing your progress

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Yes of course welcome to our group

• posted by Dogless
    on

I’d love to join you guys to if that’s okay. I started a post in the bit below this one and I need help to stick to this.

So far so good today

• posted by Angie TW
    on

The more the merrier!

• posted by Lindarina
    on

So, what are your plans for dinner today?

I’m having baked cod with brokkoli and feta cheese.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Unsure of what I am eating tonight as I am doing a spinning class at 6pm. However it will be chicken as I have chicken breasts defrosting. I have roughly 380 cals left so any ideas please and which veg is good?

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

I’m having a small quorn fillet, broccoli, peas, swede/carrot mash. For lynch I had salad, beef quorn slices and a kale and raspberry smoothie with almond milk. Sounds odd but it does for me at my desk (al desko). As a vegetarian I find it best to use most calories later in the day and usually have my smoothie around 11.00am.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Sounds good how many calories for the day?

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

So far I’ve accounted for 425 cals with dinner so have 375 to play with. I will possibly have a yoghurt with some berries or one fifth of Aldi 85% chocolate 156 cal as a treat. If cravings start before long I’ll have a hard boiled egg which does help.

on

When it comes to the vegetables how many grams is one allowed? I don’t want to over do it on the first day, any suggestions..

• posted by Nosugarbaby
    on

Hi all I’d love to join as well please. I’ve been debating starting for a while now as I can’t imagine surviving on 800. But, over the last 5 days I’ve been reducing my intake and today I will hit 800. So here we go!! Good luck all.

• posted by Noodles
    on

Evening all.
    I have started today as well. Followed the diet for 4 weeks last October and managed to lose 24lbs – nearly all of which has managed to find its way back to me. Going to give it a go for another 4 weeks before holiday. Hopefully the results will be as good. Best of luck to you all xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

All vegetables are different so the best way to be sure is to weigh them individually.

Like Theodora I am now on maintenance, but will answer any questions I can.

With regard to other recipes that are helpful, I have used a few from the recipes section of this site that were very good, and several people have recommended the Tom Kerridge Dopamine recipes book, although I believe it needs a lot of adjusting quantities to get the calories down as it is not designed for a reduced calorie diet.

Other useful places that people have recommended are the diet doctor website and Martin Ankerl’s Keto calculator which is useful for customising your macros (carbs, fat, protein ratios). Links can be found on this site using the Search box, or just Google them.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Thank you. I am having chicken wrapped in Parma ham and roasted cauliflower. Have walked to the gym and back and did a 4t minute spin class. Now starving!

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi everyone
    Theodora -3 stone in 16 weeks that is AMAZING well done. Also, Mixnmatch for getting to maintenance well done.

Well day 1 nearly over weighed this morning 13 stone 11lb. Holiday booked end July – 2 months 2 stone off? Dream or reality?
    My cals today 685 (this won’t last!!) but am determined to go the whole 8 weeks this time! Going to record cals daily. Carbs around 50 think that’s what they should be from what I remember, will study the book a bit more tomorrow.
    Good luck everyone.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I lost 26 pounds in my 8 weeks, so almost 2 stone. Go for it and just do what you can. Some people have lost more than two stone in the 8 weeks.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Feeling OK at the moment and eating delicious food. Thank you for all your advice – let’s go for it!!

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Are we allowed a cup of Americano black Coffee?

• posted by Frazzledmum
    on

Black coffee has practically no calories and helps morale! Go for it

• posted by Frazzledmum
    on

What I am really struggling with – restarting after 2 good weeks then a drift – is my husband who is totally unsupportive – he won’t read the book or even look at the pictures! Michael does emphasise the importance of family support and all he can do is say things like “I can’t believe you should be having all those eggs” etc. Even my 17 yr old manages better “don’t mean to be rude mum but how do you know how many calories are in that curry?” I explained label reading adding up and dividing – he does A level maths so could cope. Doesn’t he want me to lose this weight?? And I slept very badly last night which I know doesn’t help.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

Sorry you are not getting support from your family which is a pity. We will support you so don’t be dismayed just look at the weight you will be losing and you can prove them wrong!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

If he just googled eggs he could see what a wonderful write up they have 🙂

• posted by Luella
    on

I’m in. Started properly yesterday after a weeks ‘practice’… 3 stone to lose and after 2 kids (youngest 4 months) I feel very motivated

• posted by Luella
    on

Does anyone know how many carbs a day? I couldn’t find in the book…

• posted by Angie TW
    on

I didn’t think we are allowed any carbs?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Luella and Angie TW, the book doesn’t specify how many carbs, the diet is based on 800 calories (except the 5@2 and the Med diets). The books states that simple carbs like bread, rice, pasta, flour, cereals be kept to an absolute minimum and good carbs like brown rice, quinoa, lentils can be eaten in moderation. However, most people find that eating any white carbs (bread etc) can create cravings and it has also been found that on 800 calories it is very difficult to fit in other good carbs except on rare occasions and in small quantities i.e. oats for breakfast should only be 20 grams and not every day. As neither of you are diabetic, starchy carbs are not going to affect your blood glucose but, I, as a diabetic prefer to stay away from white carbs completely and dont even bother now with the good carbs. The amount of carbs in grams that most people stick to is around 50 grams. Angie, carbs are in most foods, so a medium apple contains around 72 cals and 19 carbs, so quite carb heavy, a glass of apple juice contains 115 cals and 28 carbs, so even worse. You will find somewhere on this site a list of good carbs that you should be eating or you can check on dietdoctor.com but in general, veg grown underground are high in carbs and above ground are low(er). There are no carbs foods like meat, eggs, cheese which can help you keep your carbs low.

Frazzledmum, I feel for you, my husband sometimes makes stupid remarks but so do other people, like – do you know your brain will shrivel up if you dont have carbs, your body will go into starvation mode and you will not lose weight, you will put it all back on again. You just have to be strong for yourself and dont expect other people to understand – you are doing this for you, they will come round when they see how well it works.

Please excuse me butting in on a thread that i’m not normally on but I hate to see people struggle. Hope that helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.