Starting 2019 with a new mindset

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by DeterminedNewbie_AC
    on

Hi all!

I am starting the BSD on 2nd January and am wondering if any others are doing the same. Also if there are some folks out there who have any solid advice for carb addicted newbies I would be most grateful!

Thanks 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome, Determined! You haven’t mentioned why you are waiting 3 weeks to begin, so the very best advice
    I have to offer as a very experienced BSDer is to begin reducing the bad carbs now, even though you
    won’t be starting for awhile. Read the book, and then read it again 🙂 To start off this way reduces the
    possibility/probability of “carb flu” being part of your journey. If you haven’t received the book, bad carbs
    would be rice, potatoes, pasta, grains, bread, and anything with sugar. Below ground root vegetables are
    higher in carbs, and fruit can come as a surprise too, when you start actually counting carbs and
    calories. Drinking 2-3 liters of water a day is very important, so if you can start upping your consumption
    now, I think this will be very helpful to you too 🙂 I know others will be along soon to welcome you and
    offer their “solid advice” too. The very best to you!

Allie

• posted by DeterminedNewbie_AC
    on

Hi Allie,

Thanks so much for getting in touch so quickly!

The simple answer to why I’m not starting for 3 weeks is that it is Xmas coming up, as well as leaving drinks for starting a new job etc. However I completely take your very wise advice to slowly cut the carbs out now on board. I have already cut out bread and pasta. As much as I would like to start right away I can’t in good faith commit to not having my mum’s goose fat roast potatoes on Xmas day.

I would add that I am not taking on this diet as I am in danger of any weight related condition, and my BMI is healthy (although at the upper end of the scale). Two people at my place of work have both completed the initial 8 weeks and have been raving about it.

My husband and I are looking to start a family in a year or so and I want to get my body in to the best possible condition I can!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Determined, what a beautiful new experience to be looking forward to. A new life, which will change
    yours forever! Much happiness, and let us know if we can be of any help.

Allie

• posted by Debster3004
    on

Hi Determined

I am starting this journey in January as well, I am not going to kid myself I can start whilst Christmas and my big sunshine all-inclusive holiday are in the next week. Happy to join the band of 2019 newbies though.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello Determined and Debster – when you both begin, look out for the the weekly and monthly challenge threads and join in. These are populated by people at various stages along the BSD path, including some maintainers, so there is a wealth of experience and knowledge to draw on, as well as support and encouragement when needed.
    Best wishes to you both for a lovely festive season and hope to be seeing you both out and about on the forum come the new year.

• posted by FiFi Dunn
    on

Just started today woo hoop…..

Please log in or register to post a reply.