Starting 15th when book arrives

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Brownsugar2016
    on

Hi all
    I will be starting on Friday when my book arrives. Im looking forward to getting back to healthy eating plus of course the weight loss. I hope to lose 18lb by Christmas or no pudding for me Christmas Day!!!!
    I need to get into the LBD, so need loads of help and diet tips.
    Looking forward to all the posts

on

I know you all have some great tips out there. Come on I want all the helpful advice I can get to get started and keep me on track. I will checking in daily for replies .thanks

• posted by ButterflyMoves
    on

I haven’t finished my first week, Brownsugar2016, but I already know that if I don’t plan every single calorie right at the start of the day I will get myself in trouble and either over eat or go to bed hungry.

Things that are working for me so far:
    -planning ahead
    -removing temptation from the house(wine and chocolate!)
    – bulk cooking and freezing meals that I know the calories and carb count for
    -coming to this forum daily for support
    -tracking everything on MyFitnessPal
    -Using cider vinegar and lemon juice as a dressing so I can fill up on salad easily
    -eating a couple of walnuts 15min before a meal to stave off hunger signals and slow me down to enjoy the meal

I’m sure there’s so much more to learn- all the best for your journey!

on

Hi Butterflymoves
    Thanks so much for the tips, I am quite excited about getting started not sure why as I am already dreading the cravings lol.
    Sounds like you have already made a good start. How much have you lost in the first week?
    I will definitely be planning my meals as you have advised. I will keep you updated, I’m now off to download my fitness pal.

• posted by ButterflyMoves
    on

I’m on day 7 today so don’t have my official weigh in until tomorrow.. I’ll let you know. Already my jeans are definitely loser. 🙂

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

A few more tips. When you feel hungry, try a drink first, as sometimes thirst masquerades as hunger. If this is the case, or it is a craving not true hunger then it may be relieved, by a drink of water, or a hot drink. Distraction can also work miracles. Keep your fat intake up, with the good fats, and this will keep you fuller for longer. Make sure you are at least aware of high carb foods even when they appear in the book, so when you start using them in different meals you know to be careful of portion size. Above all, if you fall off the wagon, dust yourself off and climb back on, we’ll help pull you up.

Please log in or register to post a reply.