Started 15 September

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gladys From Cornwall
    on

Hi everyone – I started the Fast 800 last Friday and am doing really well so far. Have even lost 1.7kgs already! I have in the past done the 5:2 successfully, losing 14kgs a few years ago, but slipped off the wagon – sugar and carbs being my downfall.

Had my blood sugar tested yesterday and it’s fine at 5.5, but my cholesterol is a little high at 6.3 (although my ratios are good apparently). I started off at 90kg which for a 5’1″ middle aged woman, is WAY too much. After 20 years of being overweight/obese I really want to get my old self back this time!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and will post my successes/slip-ups occasionally – as a way of keeping me on the straight and narrow 🙂

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Gladys, you will find that your cholesterol will (should) go down on this diet even though you will be eating full fat foods. Dont forget that to be within your calories you cannot eat loads of cheese and butter so not a high fat diet but a good fat diet. Dont forget to eat things like nuts and avocados for healthy cholesterols and cook with rapeseed oil (never veg or sunflower – and deffo no coconut oil) and make salad dressing with full fat Greek yoghurt and olive oil and lemon – or just a olive oil and vinegar dressing. It is so good to now eat all the things I avoided, even eggs were banned but not any more. My cholesterol was 6.2 pre diet and is now 3.6. Good luck.

• posted by Spalmon
    on

Good luck Gladysfromcornwall hope things go well for you xx

• posted by Gladys From Cornwall
    on

Thank you Sunshine Girl and Spalmon – doing well after my 1st week – 3.5kgs (sorry, I still work in kilos as my scales are set to them – we moved back from NZ two years ago and I still haven’t really got back to the stones and pounds thing!). Yep, I only use spray oil to cook or olive oil – and I use either virgin olive oil, vinegar & mustard for dressing or even mayonnaise (which is all good!). I am semi-vegetarian so nuts, seeds and avocado have always been in my diet.
    Actually, my meals have always been pretty healthy – my problem was/is chocolate, biscuits and cakes!

• posted by bluebell50
    on

Gladys From Cornwall – 7lb after one week?! Fantastic. It’s taken me a month to achieve that. Short of cutting my leg off, I cannot keep up with you :0) I don’t cook with anything other than spray olive oil, only eat spinach for carbs, and as of last night dry white wine. What’s your secret?

• posted by Spalmon
    on

Well done Gladysfromcornwall that is fabulous! I was pretty despondent yesterday but have weighed again this morning and the scales say 81 kg so that’s 2 kg lost in eight days, so I’m pretty happy.
    I would say I am following the principles closely apart from a couple of slips last week, and aiming for the 800 cals and have decided 60 g carb is realistic for me as a veggie. When I go lower than that I risk falling off the wagon. The other thing I have noticed is that my best days are when I drink lots and lots of water, which I have either hot or cold with a bit of lemon. My bad days are when I haven’t drunk enough.
    I am determined to keep this going and might sign up for the online plan to give me extra oomph and direction.
    Hope everyone has a good day xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.