Started 13/01/2018, so far so good!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jenny.B
    on

Both my husband and I are on the higher end of the “obese” scale (AARGH), we have tried loads of diets together and separately (including the juice only diet by Joe Cross) but ended up putting on more weight, you know the usual yo-yo routine.

We have started this on 13/01/18, we thought it’d be easier to start on a Saturday in case there were temptations, headaches etc.. at least we’d have time off to rest.

We weighed in on 20/01/18, I have lost 1st 2.0lb and my husband so far has lost 1st 4.8lb! We are amazed!

We still have a LONGGG way to go, but we are loving this plan, and going to go onto the 5:2 when we finish in 6.5weeks.

I’d recommend this to anyone, the recipes are fantastic, there are hardly any cravings, (handful of walnuts if needed, or a hot tea before bed), and haven’t felt the need to “cheat” at all!

I personally need to be more active, my husband is happy with exercise, I can’t stand it! I’m going to look to see if I can do something calm at first like yoga, pilates or swimming.

I am documenting all my food on Instagram too, I find this really helpful as a visual reminder of what I’m eating (user name on IG is snorlaxjen)

I’d never thought I’d say this about a diet but… I’m looking forward to the next 6.5 weeks! Bring it on!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow, JennyB, great results achieved by you and your husband in just a week!! It seems you have really nailed the recording of what you’re consuming and good that you are taking a look at how to get yourself into exercise. Don’t forget, even walking counts.

Word of caution, please don’t become disillusioned if the weight loss slows up or stalls at some point during the coming weeks, just stick with it and it will all come right.

Make yourself known on other threads to make the best use of the forum, so that you get to know others on the same journey and to glean advice, encouragement, support etc. We’re a friendly bunch and you’ll be welcomed on to any thread you feel is relevant to you.

Keep posting your progress and best of luck to you both for achieving your BSD goals.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done, Jenny, to both of you. Sounds as though you have made a fantastic start. As Sunny says, don’t worry if the weight loss slows down a bit, or even stalls occasionally, just keep on keeping on and it will start to melt away again.

Also, if you are happy with BSD800 and have a lot of weight to lose, you can do back to back 8 weeks for as long as you feel the need, you don’t have to change to 5:2. There are lots of people on this forum who have done several rounds.

Good luck, and keep posting.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

What a fantastic result in such a short period! I had a similar reaction to the BSD. From the first day I could feel how good this was for me. My body and mind responded instantaneously. Because I was hyperobese at 5’2″ and more than 300lb (I refused to weigh myself until 4 weeks in, but I have reason to believe I was at least 325lb), I decided to just keep going on the Fast 800 until I reached a healthy BMI. I was used to the weighing, measuring and counting, loved the food and had energy to spare for my 20,000 step daily walks, so had no reason to stop. I kept to the 800 calories and less than 20 grams of carbs a day for 14 months. When I reached my goal I’d lost at least 200 pounds and now weigh less than I did in high school. I don’t count calories anymore, but still monitor my carbs like a hawk. They are out of my life for good. As I say ad nauseum, not one step backwards.

Congratulations, JennyB, and welcome to the forum!

• posted by Jenny.B
    on

thank you all for the kind welcome! I am looking forward to ANY weight loss, even if it slows down, I’m determined not to put it back on again… !

• posted by Jenny.B
    on

l hadn’t thought of doing more than 1 round of the 8 week, I might give myself a short “break” on the 5:2 and then back to it depending on how I fare with that one. 5 days of “normal” eating will seem alien after the end of this one!

• posted by Jenny.B
    on

Esnecca, wow congratulations, 14 months is impressive! I’m in the same boat as you, although I’m a bit taller at 5’7 my starting weight is more in the morbidly obese section. Hubby is 6ft so he was high obese. I just am sick of saying that I’m going to “try” and lose weight, and happy that I am actually doing it x

• posted by Esnecca
    on

You’re doing it and how. You’ve seen the kind of loss right away that people struggle for weeks to achieve on other diet plans. I think of it as having discovered I’m allergic to carbs. As soon as I cut them drastically, my body leaped into action after decades of sluggishness turning to my copious fat stores for energy. If you do switch to 5:2 after the 8 weeks, I suggest you continue to be draconian in avoiding all simple carbs (wheat, grains, rice, cereals, starchy root veg, sugar). They will just make you hungry for more of them and kick you out of a fat-burning state.

• posted by Jenny.B
    on

Week two: -4.6lbs!!

I was not surprised that it wasn’t as much as the previous week, but so happy that it is coming off 🙂

So in total, 2 weeks down… – 1stone 6.6lbs 😊

• posted by JulesP
    on

Wow Jenny.B that’s absolutely fabulous, well done!!! You’ve obviously really got on top of this and are seeing what wonderful results can be gained. Good luck to both you and your husband. Keep on keeping on xxx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi JennyB, if you do go for the 5:2 option between multiple rounds it is still probably a good idea to transition your increase in calories a little gradually to protect your weight loss and treat your metabolism gently. I would suggest the first 5:2 week should be increasing every day by either 50 or 100 calories rather than jumping straight back into normal eating. I did this a couple of times and still use it now as my preferred metabolism ‘reset button’. Well done on your first couple of weeks and let us know how the exercise hunt is going. 😀

• posted by Jenny.B
    on

Hello! Been a couple of weeks since I checked in, last week I lost 4lbs and this week I lost 3.7lbs, so now at a total of 2st 0.3lbs!

I started exercising this week, I’m following the “Focus T25” workout plan which is one of those infomercial ones you see and go “yeah I could do that!” 😂 well it’s tough going but it’s good to get exercising – I’m not one for going to the gym (tried a couple of times and really only enjoyed the pool) and i prefer exercising alone.

I’m not worried that there’s a teeny slowdown, I’m just happy I’m losing weight and sticking to this, it will take as long as it takes !

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Great results there, JennyB, those are very good losses so it looks like you are well on the way to your final goal. 😀😀😀

• posted by Jenny.B
    on

Thank you !

Please log in or register to post a reply.