Staring tomorrow and I could use a little help.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jeannie12
    on

I am starting Fast 800 tomorrow. I’m waiting fit the book to arrive so I only have a magazine article to go on. It suggests 2 meals of 400 cal each and that’s it. Can anyone tell me what they have found works for them. Have you eaten just 2 meals daily or divided the calories between 3 meals? I’m a little lost without the book and would appreciate any help you can offer. What worked for all of you in the beginning. Anything you would do differently? Thanks for the help!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Everyone does it differently. check out calories and carbohydrate counts on the internet … you can also check them at MyFatSecret site. You can also check proteins, etc. Most people try to keep carbs under approx. 50. And they avoid simple carbs … white foods like potatoes, rice, breads, cereals, refined foods in general, even go easy on root vegetables.

Just check the TABS at the top of this website … . the FAQ, the Blood Sugar Diet.

The Blood Sugar Diet is based on eating a low carbohydrate Mediterranean style diet. This contains few refined, starchy carbohydrates (because these convert rapidly to sugar in your blood), lots of green and coloured vegetables, plenty of protein and, you may be pleased to hear, it also includes moderate amounts of healthy fats such as olive oil and even some dairy products such as full fat unsweetened yoghurt to keep you feeling full for longer.””

The BSD book isn’t a calorie counter/carb counter except for the recipes.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Check out the GET STARTED tab …. above

Other AVOID FOODS : high sugar fruits … mango, pineapple, banana, juice, pasta (small amounts used in recipes). Check out the RECIPES tab here

You can eat : small amounts of nuts and seeds, berries (add to high fat yogurt), apple, pear, small amounts of cheese (check the carbs and calories … i found a very low carb goats cheese). eggs, small amounts of bacon, a little chopped ham and onion to make an omelette, Salads, Green and colored vegetables, chicken, fish, meat, avocado

MY SIMPLE MEAL PLAN

Good breakfast idea is : eggs in some format (i like making a scrambled egg with a bit of chopped ham and onion)

Snacks … berries with high fat plain no sugar yogurt, nuts and seeds, lower sugar fruit, sliced cucumber

Lunches : salads, vegetables, meats, canned tuna or canned salmon, soups made with vegetables, meat of some kind, etc.

Supper : meat with vegetables or salads or soups or combination

I don’t cook …. so i usually make a big batch of soup … any and all vegetables … lentils/and or/ beans and/or chicken or other meat …. can make all sorts of combinations

Please log in or register to post a reply.