Sports endurance

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Potts2002
    on

Dear All

I am currently on week 3 of the 8 week process and things are going well, weight loss amazing and a great feeling of well being.

I do however feel quite lethargic and lacking energy which leads me to my question.

The weekend after next I will be participating in an endurance sport and would like to know recommendations and experiences of what to eat for energy and stamina.

Any recommendations as to what to eat the night before and during the day to keep energy levels up,.

Interested to know what affect if any reintroducing my body to carbs and sugars will have!!

Anything to avoid?

Thanks and look forward to hearing your experiences.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Potts

Last night in passing I read Ben Greenfield Fitness website on low carb and performance. Interesting stuff you may find helpful. I love the idea of burning fat. Because I am 20 weeks in to this 8 week BSD and doing well, I found some of the info on carb replacement days very interesting. Good advice too on a little salt, and like our plan… lots of H20 hydration.

Glad you have found the feeling of well being, amazing huh? Good luck with the event.

Still tricky for me to get past the guilt of enjoying full fat food, working on it is easy though.

Nettle

Please log in or register to post a reply.