Spiraliser Question

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JCH187
    on

So there’s lots to threads mentioning courgettes and spiralisers. I’ve always found courgettes sloppy and a bit slimy. Excuse my ignorance but does using a spiraliser stop that happening and if I were to invest in one how do you cook it?!

• posted by Bubblesdevere
    on

Hi – spiralised courgettes can be eaten raw, with some dressing and seasoning, or boil them for a couple of minutes. Regarding slimy courgettes – never experienced them! I usually roast them with aubergines, sweet potatoes, red peppers, garlic, seasoning, herbs and a measured spoon of olive oil. The other brilliant way to use them if you don’t like the taste is to grate it into bolognese, chilli, cottage pie and curries. My hubby hates them and doesn’t have a clue that they are in his favourite chilli! They they bulk up meat dishes without calories and carbs. You can do the same with carrots and spinach – I always have frozen spinach and frozen onions in the freezer.

Good luck and hope you enjoy more meals with these handy, healthy bulker uppers! 🙂

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hi, ooo no spiralised courgettes are really tasty – I know what you mean that kind of soft courgettes when cooked can be a bit wet but spiralised raw ones are nice and crisp and are tasty raw with bolognese or chilli and soooo delicious with things like mushrooms, garlic, and some bacon👏👏👍 They don’t really taste like pasta but it’s a good substitute even if anot different. They are probably better raw or just warmed if you don’t like slimy stuff. Hope you get to try out soon😀

• posted by Maefly
    on

I pour over some boiling water and leave then for 20 seconds, warms them through but does not make them too soggy.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I fry mine in a little olive oil with garlic, really nice with bolognaise. Don’t really taste like pasta honestly, BUT don’t taste like courgette either really. Worth a try. You can buy them spiralised to try before investing in a spiraliser.

Please log in or register to post a reply.