SOS fellow zoomers

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Catherine70
    on

Hi could do with some 😣 help. Just back from hols in Cornwall had lovely time but fell off the wagon on Monday as family said its been 12 weeks you are on holidays…. So had 4 days of fish and chips cream teas ice creams chocolate marshmallows toasted on camp πŸ”₯ and you get the pic. Feel out of control and want to get back into this but panicked. I am half way through weight loss journey and don’t want to undo it can already feel hungry pangs coming back and weight creeping on. 😣!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

It is simple Catherine β€” just…start…again. It’s ok that you blew it, now you have data to compare with and you know how you feel eating the wrong stuff.
    Be calm, be focused and just start again.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

No reproaching/recriminations/beating up necessary πŸ™‚ LOADS has been learned . . . maybe thats what was needed πŸ™‚ (Some kind of little “have I made the right decision” moments πŸ™‚ We are all allowed choices . . . long or short term . . . and we need to accept responsibility fo them πŸ™‚ This isnt all bad . . . no-one was hurt or injured . . . just you FEELING bad for not adhering to your own guidelines! Like going to party and pledging not to have a drink or two . . . and then partaking!! Damage control is now at hand!!! Put that all behind you and pick up where you left off. Well meaning friends and family are not walking your path way . . . only you πŸ™‚ And you know what you feel better doing. Isnt that a great thing to have in your life? Just go to your kitchen and . . . . . continue with your great work πŸ™‚ In fact . . . why not REWARD yourself with the most fabulous meal with ingredients chosen from your very own restaurant menu πŸ™‚ Im laughing at the moment, as I recall/remembered a long ago joke – (I think I remember correctly . . . it went something like this . . ) – about the lady out walking and the elastic in her knickers snapped. They dropped to her ankles and she stepped out of them . . picked them up put them in her handbag and kept walking as if nothing had happened. Just pick up your knickers girlfriend and smile as you continue on!!! All good! πŸ™‚

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Wood duckie I like your knickers snapping comment! That made me laugh this morning! Good advice though…let’s pick up our knickers and carry on! πŸ˜‚

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you MrsT πŸ™‚ Laughter really is the best medicine . . . and somedays we just need a laugh . . . because any of us can be down sometimes xxx for no discernible reason xxxx Im having a boredom day today . . .bored with my food manly and yet Ive eaten BEAUTIFUL fare! SRuffed mushroom for breakfast, grilled piece of pork, babybeets, feta, leek and tomato for lunch . . . and baby quiche could well be supper/dinner . . . so whats wrong . . .? NOTHING!!! Im just out of sorts and need to pick up my knickers πŸ™‚ Oh πŸ™‚ hahahahah! I just typed “KNOCKERS” and had to edit! Thats reason to laugh cos they are going south as well with the 11kgs discard but thats good . . . right??

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi WoodDuckie. Better that they go south than vanish altogether!!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Catherine,
    I fell off the wagon for a week when I was in the early stages of following this WoE. – It was a helpful experience for me because it showed me that eating carbs was a form of addiction, and it helped me be kinder to myself about the years of eating a high carb diet. I dusted myself off, got back on the wagon, and carried on with my journey to getting back to a healthy weight. – You can do this.

Your family are right, you can’t live the rest of your life never joining in any birthday celebration, avoiding wedding cake, and holiday traditions. – Now its the time to develop the tools and understanding that once you get to your target weight and size you will be able to maintain it for the rest of you life by stepping on and off the wagon as you need to.

• posted by Squidge
    on

As the others have said, it’s not a disaster, you haven’t failed, you simply didn’t stick to the diet for a few days. Now get back on track and see what you can learn from the experience. How can you stop the same thing happening again?

The easiest way is not to be in that situation. I don’t mean avoid family and holidays – avoid loved ones and you thinking you’re missing out by not eating all those carbs.Don’t just say ‘no, I can’t have that’ to every treat anyone suggests, instead come up with alternatives. The suggest ice cream, you get a big punnet of strawberries and a tub of fresh cream to dip them in, they say fish and chips, you point out that in this heat some lovely smoked salmon or prawns and a crisp salad appeal more …

Also try to explain why the diet is so important to you, so they’re supportive rather than trying to tempt you off track.

By the way, halfway through my first eight weeks I ate an entire box of chocolate covered biscuits, in one day. They’d been given to me as a Christmas present (I started Jan 1st). I learned not to have anything like that in the house! If I get given something like that this year, they’ll be down the food bank pronto. That, and a few other ‘incidents’, meant it took me longer than it would otherwise have done to reach my target, but I’m there now – and possibly in a better position to maintain it than if I’d lost it all quickly and more easily.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

TOO TRUE!!!!! Butt has shrunk to grasp with one hand each side size . . . thighs are starting to resemble the saggy baggy elephant! Bingo wings REALLY flap now . . . and the “belly” does a shake and roll when I brush my teeth. Its all kinda fun really πŸ™‚ More of me is mobilised!!!

• posted by Catherine70
    on

Thank you for this Californiagirl I have taken note given myself a pep talk reminded myself of how far I have come and back on it. Thanks
    Catherine
    πŸ˜€

• posted by Catherine70
    on

Hi Wood Duckie thank you for your reply it really meant a lot to me and helped. Back home in my kitchen made a lovely breakfast of apple cinnamon porridge omelette and garlic mushrooms for lunch and for family tea made chicken wrapped in pancetta πŸ˜‹. The panic has gone and I feel full and nourished. It turned out to be a tough day as collected my dog from dog sitter and his ear infections got worse whilst away and took him to vet who had to give him a general to clean his ears etc but avoided the biscuits. He is fine now
    πŸ˜€ Hope you are doing well 😁

• posted by Catherine70
    on

Hi Squidge yes good advice thank you. Thinking of alternatives is good idea. I suppose this isn’t a straight forward journey and I have learned that the carbs make me feel yukky. Thanks for getting me back on the path
    Catherine πŸ˜€

• posted by Sabz
    on

Hi everyone , I’m a newbie at this all and have just been doing it for a week now. I’m really pleased that I’m 6llbs down! I’ve been quietly reading all the fab advice and chat for a while and you have really motivated me to start my journey. I would love to join you and get support. Is it ok for me to join the next challenge?
    SabahπŸ˜€

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Welcome aboard! This is a great place to be! And with us all at varying stages, support is always at hand! Good eating and surprising results are wished for you πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.