So very hungry today, help before I loose it

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ihatesugar2
    on

Just couldn’t hold out, I’ve just had to devour 2 Weetabix with full fat milk because nothing else was cutting it and I was starting to crave sweet food, carbs and food on the brain. I had been so hungry despite a steak and mushroom dinner, full fat Greek yoghurt and berries, 2.5 litres water . It may have been the grey , cold , drissley weather to induce such a hunger. Having not felt like this for 4 weeks, since following fast 800 I feel the fullest I’ve ever been in my life right now!

I’m at the end of week for fast 800, 12 pound down, a stone to go. Please tell me it’s normal to have a hunger hit like that ; i’m frightened I’ve set of something and won’t reign it back in. I need to continue for Futher four weeks. Please help

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,

The gut bacteria which rely on you eating sugar for their survival, (because its what they feed on and they will die off if you don’t feed them) have the ability to send signals to your brain to drive you to feed them.

Next time they are demanding that you feed them, just picture them as really ugly cartoon bacteria, and tell them where to go, you are not going to feed them, you want to starve them because they are causing harm to the rest of your body.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

This way of eating is very forgiving. The fall out should be minimal, but it’s best to find an alternative coping strategy if possible. If distraction doesn’t work and ultimately, you feel you need/must eat something over and above the 800cals, best to resort to BSD friendly foods, so some cheese, more full fat yogurt, nuts etc.
    Hope you have felt able to continue on the 800 and ate continuing to see positive results.

• posted by Ihatesugar2
    on

I must admit I haven’t read much on gut bacteria; i will and thank you JGwen. I’m going to take this weekend as an example of how easy it is to fall off the wagon, but like you say SunnyB , have a system in place. To be honest, I’ve been winging it with just googling blood sugar diet / fast 800. Imagine what I can do with the fast 800 book , recipe book and reading the gut health!
    Thank you all and I’ll post again in four weeks to update.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi hatesugar2

If you to keep on keeping it simple, then add an app to your phone, like fatsecret, weigh and enter everything you eat and drink into the app. Then learn from it what your current level of carbs is and how to tweak those levels down by entering what you are thinking of eating into the system first.

• posted by freester
    on

In one of the books MM says if you are going to have to eat more than the 800 cals at least stay on plan. For me on the couple of times when I was just too hungry it was a small handful of nuts, and / or the seedy crackers from the BSD recipe book.

For me the other way of keeping the cravings at bay was a cup of green tea (no milk). Only if that didn’t send the cravings away would I resort to the nuts / crackers.

• posted by Ihatesugar2
    on

That’s great thank you freester and advice from all couldn’t have come at a better time as scales were on the rise. Looking forward to start of another four weeks, 1st September never a better time to begin!

• posted by ioana_bratu
    on

From my side, I decided to do strict 800 kcal for 6 days a week and my 7th day, usually on Saturday, I juat eat whatever I’m craving. It helps me cope with social life and going out to restaurants etc. You do lose weight a little bit slower, but I still lost 12,5kg in the first round of 8 weeks.

If not, I have incorporated 20-25gr of very very dark chocolate in the diet. Like 80-90%cacao dark chocolate, twice a week. It is quite bitter, but if you let it melt on your tongue the chocolate will get sweeter because of the saliva breaking the cacao cells.
    Those are my two tips for keeping myself going. Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.