Small steps

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Scotgran
    on

I started in February at 82.7kg, by June I had lost 14 kg and it has stayed off(more or less). But the big news is my husband who is T2 and reluctant to change his diet because he is already underweight.. By small steps, we have reduced his refined carbs and increased his intake of veg and pulses. Although he still eats lots of carbs, the small step changes (e.g. half rice and half cauli rice) and having the no carb Bircher muesli three days a week, he had his diabetic appt this week. AND HE IS OFF METFORMIN.

• posted by Trish45D
    on

Wow! Great news! I have read a few posts here about people coming off meds, lowering blood sugar. Not being diabetic myself (and not needing to take medication for any reason) I don’t know that I can fully appreciate the impact this must have on their lives but I can certainly imagine it is empowering to know your actions achieved this, and it can be done by small changes in diet. Really fantastic stuff. 🙂

• posted by Natalie
    on

That is fantastic! Such good news that changes to diet really do make a difference, not just losing weight (doctors always just tell us to lose weight). Shows, doesn’t, how bad that frankenfood was for us.

Please log in or register to post a reply.