Slimline tonic water

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tofa
    on

Hi, I know the answer is probably no, but would slimline tonic water be OK.?? Just checking incase someone says yeh, perfect for the pre-diabetic!! I am wandering around the house feeling deprived, craving something sweet after all this time. Tofa

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi Tofa, we get through quite a few bottles of sparkling water here, as did/does Dr Mosley. Most fizzy drinks have lots of additives including tonic waters but anything is OK if counted. It might not have any positive nutritional value of course and in time we grow to educate ourselves to behave differently. If you were still drinking more than an occasional glass of alcoholic drink you would not do well on 800 or fewer calories/day. Persevere, once in maintenance mode on 5:2 or similar life is much more like the old days but that could produce its own difficulties. A lot of empty calories is a waste but a few can be sneaked in to help if you are struggling so long as you are honest with yourself and preferably to your diary for future reference.

• posted by Tofa
    on

Hi Skywalker, thanks for reply…I am now finishing 8 weeks and planning fast 1 day a week but maintain BSD for life, counting carbs but not calories as I have v low BMI….will only be having a drink of alcohol once every 3 weeks ish. I guess a few awful additives on occasion won’t kill me, however haven’t done it yet as craving has passed!!!!. Tofa

Please log in or register to post a reply.