Slightly Confused

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bee2008
    on

Hi all, Yesterday I started the 800 calories per day intending to follow the 8 week plan, I prepared and bought food, tried recipes and made soup last week, however, I am slightly confused, the recipes in the book state the calorific values and how many servings but don’t say if the calories are per portion, I have worked it out now but also when I work out the calories of ingredients in the recipes they don’t always seem correct. I am a bit of a fussy eater, so don’t like many of the ingredients and have been substituting where I can to keep the calories correct, so I have been working out the calorific values of all of the ingredients in the recipe from the book, but sometimes they work out more than stated on the recipes, is it just me? Also there is no BMI calculator in the book appendix as promised and it’s not on here either.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Not the first time this question has been asked.

For instance you may want to check out the

“‘Calorie miscalculations on some recipes”” thread … just put in the Search … on the top right.

As for BMI calculations … just Google BMI Calculate.

I don’t see it in the appendix either but it doesn’t really seem to be a problem when you can just google it.

I do believe the calories given in the book are per serving. With measurements like : a handful, differences between brands and sources of foods, slight variations in measurements …. there are bound to be small differences.

• posted by Bee2008
    on

Thank you shalimar, I will use the book as a guide now, I have started my own record of the calories in the things I like so should be ok, only been on it 3 days and have lost 3 pounds so it has started to work.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Congratulations on the 3 pounds lost!!! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.