SICK! HELP!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Hello fellow BSDers!

I seem to have caught a stomach bug and am wondering what suggestions you might have for bland food that I can (hopefully) keep down.

I am currently drinking a mixture of flat Perrier and cranberry juice, just to keep my sugars up, but would REALLY welcome suggestions.

Thanks,

Deb

• posted by shalimar
    on

When i am sick …. and hope to be at the point where i can keep something down

I pour boiling water over 1/2 cup of large flake oatmeal. Just enough water to cover. Stir til coolish … add pinch of cinnamon if desired, perhaps a bit of honey, after a few minutes it’s kind of set …. i add a tablespoon of cream and stir in.

OR … i just add the water

I eat 1 teaspoon at a time …… very slowly to see how it goes.

OR

i might also try some broth … from a carton, a powder, a cube …… maybe add a soda cracker if feeling adventurous

Hope you feel better soon.

p.s. …. sometimes it’s wise to bundle yourself off to bed …. in one’s favorite cozy things …. i love my fuzzy pink housecoat …. and try and sleep

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Shalimar – I’m at work now, but am heading home. Def going t try the oatmeal. and my fuzzy PEACH housecoat. 😉

Thanks!

Deb

• posted by shalimar
    on

Gotta love the fuzzy housecoat!!!!

Be kind to yourself!!

• posted by Cara54
    on

I’ve been reliably informed that if you sip flat diet coke it helps. Has to be original full sugar variety though. Don’t know why. Hope you feel better soon.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Chicken broth with a dusting of grated parmesan. I drink mugs of it when my stomach is upset and I can’t touch solid food. If you feel up to it, you can add small amounts of chopped green onion and/or sliced carrot.

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Thanks everyone! Feeling fighting fit today.

I only had chicken broth, water, and Powerade yesterday. Surprisingly kept under 800 even with the sugary drinks. Went WAY over in the carbs though. BS showed it before bed last night for sure.

Thanks again!

Deb

• posted by shalimar
    on

So glad you are feeling better. HUGS!!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.