Second week doing the fast 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Madmaisy
    on

In my first week I lost 13lb but now in my 2nd week and I am not happy as the first day I put on 1lb then the following morning another 1/2lb. Why!! I am doing nothing different. The only thing is that I have not been to the toilet for 4 days. I am adding chia seeds to food and had dark rye bread with smoked mackerel one day and I am trying to drink more. Please help me ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

“The only thing is that I have not been to the toilet for 4 days.” I think you probably answered your own question! I had this problem, had to resort to a couple of sachets of fybogel to set things off and now a teaspoon of flaxseeds in my yoghurt seems to have sorted the problem. After losing nothing I suddenly dropped 3lb, so down let it get you down, sounds like you are doing great

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Madmaisy – Cleverblonde speaks sense, but also important to point out, is that weight loss is not linear and there will be unexpected and seemingly inexplicable ups as well as downs. There are all sorts of things that can cause this – not least slow transit or fluid retention. However, what is really important is the bigger picture and as long as overall the trend is down, try not to get too hung up on the unwanted and unappreciated blips upwards on the scales. As long as you stick to the regime, it will come right – this is a marathon and not a sprint. I know it’s disheartening when the scales don’t tell you what you want to see, but just keep right on and it will come right.

If slow transit is the issue, up your fibre intake and increase your hydration and once things get moving again, you will see those pounds start to fall away again.

Best wishes to you …

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, agree with sunny and cleverblonde. Also note that your body goes through cycles. I dont know your age but is it the time of the month. Before you say you dont have that (not checked your age) but I am 65 and not had a period for 20 years but still get bloated around the 15th of my month and always know what that is. You also said you had dark rye bread, please dont eat any type of bread it will really slow down the good effects of this plan – I know, for the first time in over 2 years I decided to try some oats and the some wholemeal mini pitta – my blood sugar went up and I gained 2lbs in 3 days. Forget about good starchy carbs like brown rice, wholemeal pasta, wholemeal bread, they are still rice, pasta and bread in a different guise. Leave them until you are ready to go onto maintenance or as a very occasional treat.

• posted by Madmaisy
    on

Thank you so much for the replies. I am 57 and had a hysterectomy at age 39 so no monthly periods. I will stop the rye bread from today and repeat meals I ate in first week, but also up my water intake and get some fybrogel. I’m not giving up as I’m on a mission to lose 3 stone by July for my daughters graduation.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Maisy! Agree with everything everyone has offered. I too had a hyster early . . . one remaining ovary (so no HRT necessary) got me through until two years ago when it was discovered I had a huge (thankfully benign) tumour growing around that . . . and it went too! So I then had NO Estrogen churning things along! Very discernible signs of too much testerone followed. Then the concerning BSL’s were discovered . . . Since taking on this WoE, Ive learned SO much . . . and have had endo and osteo encourage me to take Evening Primrose oil to support and hopefully balance the missing link. While now having unexpected intermittent any-time of the day heatwaves – (not something I have ever been accustomed to!) – and severe sweats shortly after eating . . . waves of torso itching – sometimes twice a day . . . possibly from acetone release . . . but hugely distracting and uncomfortable, Im now off on a different tangent to discover the whys ๐Ÿ™‚ Im mindful I took almost two years for the discernible masculine signs to fade, maybe the EPO has awakened other things and MAYBE the hormonal balance is swinging in the other direction . . . but MAYBE that may too only be shortlived! With so many body changes quite obvious . . . who KNOWS what is going on inside the mystery factory? But I can assure you there are SO MANY here willing to give you ideas and support whatever you are experiencing . . . ‘cos someone has been there before ๐Ÿ™‚ Continued success and be glad of what is achieved . . . even if it isnt the 3 stone you are hoping for. Because . . .it will be an achievement from your best efforts. Look forward to hearing how you go!

• posted by Ebs
    on

Keep going unfortunately you can get constipated, my husband had to resort to laxatives but I added more fibre, we both lost 10 kgs each, now on the fast 800 as Christmas, New Year and family celebrations got in the way.

Please log in or register to post a reply.