Second day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gabby67
    on

Hi I am on my second day and feeling very light headed and really tired and lacking energy to go for my walks.
    do you have to keep to the diet in the book ? Can I use receipts own this web site ?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Gabby67

Welcome to the forums – you’ll find lots of help and support here, so make the most of them. Yes do make use of the recipes on the website. As long as you are sticking to the 800cals a day, you can use any recipe you like – needs to be low carb as well of course.

If you are feeling lethargic, be kind to yourself and don’t push the exercise for a couple of days while your body is adjusting to the new way of eating. Lots of people report lingtheadedness, headaches and lethargy during the first few days, so this is all normal. It won’t take long for you to adjust to the new regime and you will soon find you have the energy for exercising again.

Keep posting and checking the forums for info, someone will be able to offer help. Good luck, you’ll soon be seeing results.

• posted by carommartin
    on

What puzzles me about the recipes in the book is that many of them are not particularly low calorie. It says earlier in the book that the calorie count is per portion I believe. Turkey burgers are 460 even before you put anything with them!

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear Gabby67′ my husband and I are also on day 2, I don’t feel too bad but he is light headed and feeling lethargic, the way I see it is that these early days are not just about getting used to a low calorie low carb diet but after all the unhealthy food and alcohol we have previously put into our bodies(hubby and I) but also about detoxing as well which is bound to make you feel yuck! Stick with it and see what the next few days bring. Good luck.

• posted by Puffer21
    on

Hey Gabby67. I have just completed day 3, my hunger seems to have subsided, but have noticed my energy levels are really good. I’m doing 2 shakes and 1 400 calorie meal. Using my Fitness Pal to track everything.

• posted by theacademic
    on

Personally, I weaned myself in slowly, I ate more than 800 calories but cut out carbs mainly and the wait fell off, maybe a little slower but it came off. My blood sugars have more than halved to below10, following the meditereanean approach, I am now on 800 a day after 5 week in traing so to speak, good luck keep going!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.