Saying hello

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by runrascal
    on

Sorry all I have posted on here recently without introducing myself. I am a little person with a very big middle and my GP keeps telling me this is the worst fat to have, especially as I am over 60yrs. I had to lose 20lbs, which in the scale of things isn’t enormous. I was a bit sceptical about the weight loss claims on Fast 800 but impressed with the science. Well I’m now on day 12 and genuinely enjoying it, the food is excellent (I bought the recipe book as well as I love cooking) – I’ve lost 5.5lb and 2 inches off my waist. Thrilled? You bet.

• posted by bani
    on

I’m a newbie to this…..today might be day 1! I’m also over 60 with that very big middle and am on a mission to get rid of it! I hope I can join the big weight loss claims club soon ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Good luck run rascal – you’re doing great so far ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• posted by SueBlue
    on

That’s excellent results so far Run rascal!
    I’m loving the recipes from the book too – has reignited my love of cooking. Prior to BSD I was getting really bored with food, and didn’t have much enthusiasm for cooking.
    I’m up to Week 12, haven’t had spectacular weight loss as some have, but am happy that I’ve lost over 15lb so far.
    Good luck with the rest of the 8 weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by runrascal
    on

Thank you Sue and come on Bani, it’s fun to take up a challenge!

• posted by runrascal
    on

Hi guys – day 14 completed and I’m 6lbs down – but today for the first time I have been hungry, no not hungry, cravings. I had natural yogurt with raspberries and chia seeds after my lunch, a square of 85% chocolate mid afternoon and have just now succumbed to a big clementine ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I’ve gone over my calories by 40 but scraped in under my carbs limit at 42g.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself as I really thought I had this cracked. Any advice?

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Run rascal – my first bit of advice would be not to be discouraged by going 40 calories over! I can’t remember which page it is in the book but Dr Mosely talks about going over on some days and under on others and it is quite ok. Even the meal plans in the back of the book reflect this, not many days are exactly 800 calories.
    Secondly, yes I get days like that where I’m either hungrier than usual, or just feel like eating something, especially on the weekend. I usually have a cup of coffee or tea, veggie soup if I’m really hungry. Sparkling water or fruit tea also helps, as does chewing gum. And just distracting myself with something else – having a bath, reading a book or whatever.
    And when I do have slip ups (the 400 calorie kind, not the 40 calorie ones which I wouldn’t even count), I tell myself that this was just one day (or one meal) and I jump straight back into the plan.
    You’ve done well to lose 6lb so far ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by runrascal
    on

Thank you sue blue – wise words. And ironically today has been a breeze! WI this morning showed a 7lb loss in my first 2 weeks so I’m feeling a lot more chipper.

Please log in or register to post a reply.