Round 2!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Simon36
    on

Hi everyone, hope everyone here is doing well.

Some of you may remember I was on here in The early part of the year trying the Fast 800 for the first time – I was weighing 15 stone (5 foot 8 male) abs needed to get down to 11 st 7. I found the Fast 800 extraordinarily easy and kind of fascinating, and at the end of 12 weeks was down to just under 13 stone.

The one thing that I didn’t do last time was enough exercise. I was on a very punishing work schedule and only had weekends free, during which time I’d generally have a 10 mile walk.

I didn’t switch to the 5:2 but had the summer off, as my holiday was walking the Thames Path, 212 miles in twelve days. After a few naughty weeks, I’m now back to continue the task. I’m weighing 13 st 7 and so, here goes…

I started back on the fast 800 on Monday and again have found it so easy. This time however I’m exercising lots too. Monday began with 30 mins on the crosstrainer and a few weights. I actually only had 500 odd cals on Monday, as I was at work until late ans quite limited with what was available, but it was fine. My eating window is 11am til 7pm, I found last time this worked well.

Generally it’s so something like:

Mushroom omelette, boiled egg or full fat yoghurt for breakfast.

Chicken salad.

Prawn salad.

I’m now on day three. God, the sleeps I’m having are so much better without alcohol! I do dream of food a lot but in my waking hours don’t really seem to crave much.

I’ll keep updating my progress, but just wondered if anyone wants to point out anything I’m doing wrong – should I not exercise that much, etc?

If I could get down to the target weight this time I’d be so pleased. I have a very big thing happening in the autumn and want to FEEL my best for it.

• posted by LittleDrummerGirl
    on

Exercise is fine, as long as it’s not serious endurance work. As long as you keep hydrated and keep your electrolytes up you should be fine. Also worth making sure you’re getting enough protein if your lifting heavy.

If you don’t get hungry much, and you’re not having breakfast until 11am anyway, why not try having just two meals instead of three – a few more calories in each of two meals can give more interesting options sometimes.

Good luck with your goal!

• posted by Simon36
    on

Yes I think you’re right about just having two meals a day. Yesterday I had a lunch I couldn’t get out of it but I managed to have a chicken salad which was within the Cal and carb limit. As I was unsure of the exact calorie content I made that the only thing I ate all day and I was fine with that.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Simon, if you want company on your new round of BSD, why not jump in on the weekly thread? There are lots of us starting afresh this month, so are encouraging each other, sharing hints and tips etc. Sounds like you have a good working plan, but if you’d like to join us, please just pop in on the thread, you’ll be made most welcome.

• posted by Simon36
    on

Will do, thank you!

Please log in or register to post a reply.