Rice cake replacements

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GofouritG1RL
    on

Hi This is first time posting and would like like your opinions on rice cakes. I am currently having 2 (29 cal each) spread with a scrapping of peanut butter on throughout the day, which I include in my 800 cals.

I am confused about the carbs because although the packet states they are low in sugar, the carb count is quite high. Are these something to totally remove from my diet and if so, any suggested replacement would be great. Thanks

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Rice, pasta, flour, sugar, grains, cereals are all no-nos on this diet. Since rice cakes are made out of rice, they are very high in carbohydrates, as you found out by reading the nutrtional information. I’m afraid if you want to stick to the BSD principles, you’re going to have to say goodbye to carb-heavy foods, even when they’re low in calories.

• posted by GofouritG1RL
    on

Thank you Esnecca for your reply. I guess these have always been my downfall and have previously smothered them with peanut butter or butter topped with cheese.
    I will now head to my kitchen and dispose of them. Out of sight out of mind.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Peanut butter on celery sticks makes a nice snack, or with apple slices (I only have 1/2 an apple though to keep the carbs down).
    I did find some gluten free buckwheat crispbreads but they were still 9.5g carbs per serve. It was only at the beginning of BSD I felt like eating them, have got used to not eating crackers or crispbreads now 🙂

• posted by GofouritG1RL
    on

Just arrived in from grocery shopping and do actually have some celery and will try it with peanut butter this afternoon.
    I wil have to watch myself as to how much peanut butter I put on, sounds great thanks.

• posted by Paramount
    on

Hi how many carbs can you eat a day please.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Paramount, glad you are doing so well so far. We tend to go for 50g of carbs and definitely no white starchy carbs. Some people go as low as 20g but you can ease yourself into that if you want to. Just getting rid of the bad carbs will be great for your pre-diabetes and hopefully you will have better results on your next text.
    By the way, the post you have gone into is 3 years old which is probably why you havent had a quick reply. Look out for the weekly thread which starts Lets Keep Going 2021. This includes newbies and oldies and everyone inbetween and cover lots of aspects of the diet or just sharing. Everyone is welcome.

Please log in or register to post a reply.