Results in after first 6 1/2 weeks……..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hush
    on

So, I thought I’d share the information beIow in the hope that if there are any people lurking around the forum looking for inspiration or motivation to give the BSD a go, this might help.

I started my BSD adventure on 27th June. It wasn’t something I’d spent ages planning and I can’t even remember why I bought the book.

Having spent most of the last 40 years on one diet or another, I think it’s safe to say that deep down I’d come to the conclusion that I was destined to be obese my entire life.
    That said, I still held onto the dream of somehow, someday ‘becoming slim’.

Anyway, 6.5 weeks after basing my eating on the BSD principals, but restricting my daily calorie intake to between 1000 to 1,100 per day rather than 800, (I’m in this for the long haul with over half my starting weight to lose); I am over the moon to have achieved a 15kg / 2 stone 5lbs loss since the end of June.

In that time I’ve had one, planned in, cheat day a week, but the rest the time have been on it and have also increased my steps by abput 5000 per day, compared to what they were before.

I still have a considerable amount of weight to lose and I know the speed of loss will slow down but I can’t ever remember feeling so optimistic about a diet.

I’m just about to go away for a week, (hence the 6.5 week, rather than 8 week, weight in), and although I’ll try my best to stick to the BSD principals, I know that food control on holiday will be more tricky.

I’m not overly worried though as I’m enjoying the diet so will happily get right back on the BSD wagon when I get back on the 20th.

In the meantime, I can’t wait to see if my family notice any difference when I see them tomorrow. I haven’t seen them since I started 6.5 weeks ago and also haven’t told them I’ve been losing weight. Fingers crossed they notice something, even if it’s just that I’ve had my haircut!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Congratulations, Hush, what fab results! ๐Ÿ™‚ very very very well done – you made the adjustments you needed, and had the BSD work for you!

I’m sure you will manage well on your holidays with the BSD principles, with a few treats perhaps added in, and you will then be able to get back on the wagon afterwards.

2 stone 5 lbs! I should think your family WILL notice. As well as the hair cut. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Hush
    on

Thanks Igorasusual ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.