Reduction in fasting sugar

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi I am not diagnosed diabetic but am suspicious I am pre diabetic. My fasting morning BS 6.9mmol/l. (14hr fast). At what point in the bsd800 have people noticed their fasting sugars to reduce. I appreciate we are all individuals and have our own diet interpretation, just wondered what a rough estimate would be.
    Thanks

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Collie
    your fasting readings can be notoriously erratic due to the dawn effect and 6.9 isn’t bad.
    Try testing just before dinner and see what that says.
    I started seeing a drop in the first week, dropped a med after week 4, and now I’m med free.

• posted by Collie
    on

Thank you Bill1954 I will try am having GP bloods soon (when I remember to get them done) I have non alcoholic fatty liver as well so hoping for improvement there as well.Collie

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Collie
    I’m long term T2D but after HbA1c tests taken just 4 weeks into the plan, I was re diagnosed as pre diabetic and I’m expecting to have a diabetes reversed diagnosis at my next tests in September.
    That’s how fast it can all improve so don’t be discouraged.

Please log in or register to post a reply.