Red Devil's Restart, Reset, Reboot

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Red Devil
    on

Hmmm.
    Week one was brilliant. Did fantastic, stuck with it , realised that even though I was following the book counting calories was a good idea, lost weight felt good.
    Week two, – crash, burn, die. Had minimal sleep one night, next day blew the diet away, came across some frustations and each day after that was the same (just eat, and eat). Put weight back on.

So here I am at the start of week 3, older, wiser and carrying some scars, but have found that the past two weeks have been instructional.
    I can do this.
    Need to make sure that there is nothing available to crash out with in easy access.
    Eating was emotional NOT hunger based.
    Licorice and rosemary wheaten biscuits are now off limits for me (no they weren’t combined in the one snack binge).
    Apart from those two culprits everything else that I ate was along the BSD guidelines – just in way greater quantities that I should have.

All in all things could have been much worse.
    My body fat percentage according to my bathroom scales has actually decreased slightly, and the gym workouts are paying off again with a noticeable decrease in my bingo wings.

So I am considering my first two weeks to have been a shake down practice run, and am looking forward to seeing some spectacular results from here on in.

A very red faced Red.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Red, it happens to everyone at some stage! You were only just into the BSD and hadn’t mastered the carb cravings yet.
    You will do it this time 🙂 you’ve come back with a new sense of determination!
    BTW the gram flour flatbreads are yummy with dried rosemary and sea salt added

• posted by Switzerland
    on

We’ve all been there Red Devil. The most important thing is to learn from your experience and continue on the BSD in which ever form you choose to do it. Be kind to yourself. Maybe explore mindfulness meditation to assist when ‘life’ gets in the way of your BSD plans. Keep us posted and remember we’re all human.

• posted by Red Devil
    on

Thanks Cherrieanne
    ☺ those flatbreads were part of my frustration.
    Note to new players buy the fine grind flour, I bought a coarser grind thinking it would be better for me and they just didn’t work.
    Then I got the fine grind and the recipe worked like a charm.

And Switzerland you are right. Week one I did the headspace meditations and didn’t do them week two.

Best part of this diet is that hubby loves most of the food I am making, so far has only asked for a pass on the egg plant.

Red.

Please log in or register to post a reply.