Recently started the BSD 800 calories diet – question about muscle

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Meshpot
    on

Hi

I recently started the BSD 8 week diet – second time as I put all the weight back on previously – this time, I’m feeling that muscle in my body is being impacted. Hard to explain but feel that things are sometimes churning inside of my chest and tummy and I’ve got muscle ache/cramp – i’m not sure what to call it. Is there anything I should eat to support my muscles during this diet.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Meshpot, protein is good for muscle but an overall nutritious diet with all the vitamins and minerals you need is good. Even if you have to take a multi vit type supplement.

Also, doing some weight bearing exercise for those areas and you don’t need weights to do them. Look on Youtube for exercises for specific areas. Don’t expect exercise or diet to create muscle. You can only tone what you have.

• posted by Meshpot
    on

Thanks for your comment – much appreciated – but I think I may not have been clear – it’s not about creating muscle – though toning what i have is something I’d like to do – I think i was depriving the muscle I have of nutrients and that was causing a problem and as you say “an overall nutritious diet with all the vitamins and minerals you need is good.” I’ve since relaxed the 800 calories for a day or two but stayed low on carbs and it’s made a huge difference, I feel better. So I think I just need to make sure my diet is well balanced even at close to 800 calories. I lost 6kg in two weeks which is great motivation but I think I can continue to lose more but not as quick.

Please log in or register to post a reply.