Reasonable goal?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Buckethead
    on

I’ve shed some water weight this week. I’ve gone from 197 to 191lbs. I’d like to get below 170lbs and I’m aiming to get there by the start of September. Can someone tell me if that’s even a reasonable goal or not on the 800 diet?

• posted by shubz
    on

Hi Buckethead,

The typical weightloss seems to be about 3lbs after 6-10lbs in the first week. So 170 is surely a reasonable goal, maybe give yourself 175 and outperform that 🙂

I started out at 193 lbs, and am at 179 at roughly three weeks. A bit of a plateau recently, but my bg is under control and I am generally feeling better. So keeps me motivated.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It is a reasonable goal as I lost 26 pounds in my 8 weeks, but make sure you set some interim or mini-goals as well as it helps to have something to celebrate along the way. Try reading the various mini-goal threads for some inspiration, and they can be either scale or non-scale victories. Maybe you have some clothes you’d like to wear again, or certain measurements you would like to reduce. Think of some non-food/drink treats and use them to reward yourself.

• posted by bigeater
    on

hi buckethead. i think it is really doable. go for it!

• posted by RobOnAMission
    on

Buckethead – not sure if you are male or female but either way, it should be doable. It seems men do have an (unfair!) biological advantage when it comes to weightloss, especially as 800cals per day creates a bigger calorie deficit in those who are heavier to begin with. If it helps, as a (very heavy to begin with) man I lost just under 3st (42lbs) in my first 8 weeks. Equally there are woman in some of the other forums who have had great results in the same sort of time frame you are looking at.

All the very best of luck. And don’t forget that there are always others going through it who will be happy to share support on your journey.

• posted by Buckethead
    on

Awesome, thanks guys.

Please log in or register to post a reply.