Ready to start

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MREY
    on

Finally… we’re ready to start. Seeing my GP in the morning with all the relevant paperwork about BSD including Prof. Roy Taylor’s “Information for Doctors”. My GP is French but does speak some English so hope he can understand it all.

We’ve done all of our measurements but my husband is still kicking and screaming but he either does it with me or cooks for himself – I’ve won. I wouldn’t force him but he does need to lose some weight and knows it. He’s not diabetic but I did a finger-prick test two weeks ago and he was 6.1m/mol and after 8 days of reduced carbs, he came down to 4.9m/mol. My latest HBA1C (today) is 11.8m/mol – lower than it has been for a while.

My target for 8 weeks is to lose 13kg and then see where it goes from there. My partner in crime has not set one yet but I think he will once he has done the first week. I did the 5:2 a couple of years ago and my target will take me back to where I was when I ceased to work! Thankfully, I didn’t put the whole 22kg back on so there’s something to be pleased about. If I lose more, I’d be really happy.

We have an 8-week trip to Australia starting mid-September and as we’re driving a few thousand kilometres, we need to be fit which we’re not!

Please log in or register to post a reply.