Rapid Weight Loss – Week 3

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by EachPeach
    on

I’ve been on the Fast 800 BSD for 3 weeks now and it’s going remarkably well (thanks MM) but, having spent hours and hours reading about other people’s results on this forum, I’m quite surprised at the trends in my weight loss. Everyone’s journey is different but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this? The weight loss was rapid, then slowed and then has seemed to have picked up again very swiftly (not complaining at all). I notice that lots of people plateau around week 3.

168cm | Mid 20’s | Non Diabetic | Female
    Start weight: 184 lbs
    Current weight: 167 lbs
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Week 1: – 8.5 lbs
    Week 2: – 2.25 lbs
    Week 3: – 6.25 lbs

I do intermittent fasting between 16:8/18:6 every day. I have been very strict with sticking to 800 and I log all of my food. I do a few strength training exercises each day but that is all at the moment. My carbs are under 50g most days.

Should i be concerned at the speed of the weight loss? Would it have any negative effects (e.g. muscle loss)?

I am a mixture of overjoyed and confused! I never thought my body would drop weight like this (it has held onto it so well in the past haha)

Thanks in advance for your help!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi EachPeach (is that from the children’s book?). You don’t say how much you have to lose and often those with a good amount to shift, see quite rapid loss in the first few weeks. If this isn’t you, then I still wouldn’t be concerned. We all progress differently, as we and our bodies are all unique.

It is likely that you will see slowing, stalling and so on at some point, as weight loss is not linear, but for now I would rejoice in yoir progress to date and keep doing what you’re doing 😀.

Why not join in on the weekly thread, where there are lots of people at various stages of their person BSD journey and they love to share their experiences based knowledge, advice, hints and tips.

• posted by EachPeach
    on

Hi SunnyB – yes it is 🙂

I started at 184lbs with a goal weight of 135 lbs – 17 lbs lost, 32 lbs to go.

Thank you for the reassurance – I never thought i’d be worried about loosing weight to fast! I’ll carry on and hope that the losses carry on too.

I’ll also take a look at the weekly thread, thank you!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

My grandson used to love that book … havecto admit I enjoyed it too! Yes, do come and see us on the weekly thread … current one is 12th May and a new one will kick off on Monday evening, but join in anytime.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,

When we eat a high carb diet our body has to store water to help it process the carbs. – When you reduce the carbs the body can release that stored water. That’s why you can get a rapid weight loss at the start. – Don’t worry, its not unusual.

Please log in or register to post a reply.