Rapid weight gain – Fast 800. Help!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tim2021
    on

I’ve lost over 3 stone over the last 6 months with on off use of Fast 800 and love it. However this weekend, I reached my goal of losing over 3 stone and for my birthday celebrations I stopped fasting and in a 48 hours period my weight increased by 1 stone!! I can’t understand it fully as I’ve had no bread, pasta, rice but have had some booze, choc and a few biscuits (nothing excessive or gorging myself). My stomach aches too.

Has anyone experienced such a massive weight gain and any ideas??

Thanks

• posted by RedRooster
    on

To be honest, never as much as a stone but I’ve jumped up by 7 / 8 pounds. If you’ve eaten lots of carbs there’s a good chance water will have increased. but a stone seems excessive. Are you using the same scales? No doubt someone on here will have had a similar experience. Get back on the fast and you be back down in no time

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    Our weight includes what is in our digestive system, so some of the weight could be as a result of eating more than normal.

Bear in mind that we are 60% water and each litre of water weights 1 kg. – Professional jockeys make their racing weights by sitting in a sauna for a couple of hours on a race day to get dehydrated to drop 5lbs. – So the reverse could be true and if you were dehydrated and have water your weight would jump up quickly.

I have never heard of a full stone gain in 48 hours but I have heard of a sudden increase in weight when eating carbs. – To process carbs our body needs to store water, so just as we have a rapid weight loss at the start of eating low carb as our bodies release the stored water so we have a rapid weight gain when we eat carbs as our bodies stock up with water again. – As soon as you cut out the carbs the water will be discarded again.

Could it be that you suffer from one of the conditions which means you have more than average levels of fluid in your legs or arms so as soon as you had carbs your body stored more water than normal?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Tim, dont let this put you off plan. Quick weight on can be quickly taken off again as it is a false gain. As Gwen says, it is probably a lot of fluid plus what is in your digestive system. Once you get back on plan the fluid will be released again and you should see a decent loss, maybe not the whole stone in one go. I had my birthday at the weekend but only allowed myself the one day of celebrations and put on 1lb. Remember this experience and learn from it. Diets arent easy or we would all by slim.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hope that didnt come across as being smug, I have had years of dieting experience so know most of the pitfalls. Doesnt mean I dont fall into them occasionally

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Tim, I’m going to guess yourcarn intake was higher than you might think, as they hide out in all kinds of places. Even over indulging in low carb foods like nuts, will bump up the carbs.

I personally find alcohol very disruptive, as it messes with liver function and that might be part of your problem too. Stomach ache is not uncommon when eating more carbs again after period of low carb eating.

Don’t panic, JGwen’s advice is sound and I’m sure you will soon see that number on the scales fall, once you get back to eating on your new normal way.

• posted by Tim2021
    on

Thank you very much to everyone for all the advice and positive encouragement. I’m back fasting again, so hopefully I’ll get back to where I want to be. Think I’ll see a nutritionist to understand more about it, as the maintenance period post the big loss feels like a very tricky balance to not undo all the good work but have a bit of flexibility

Please log in or register to post a reply.