Questions about the 8-week blood sugar diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by romina2109
    on

I am loving the diet, but have a few questions.

two examples below:

The Bolognese recipe in the book says it is 260 calories and makes 4 serves. Is that 260 calories per serve or 260 calories for the 4 serves? The book does not make this clear.

The the Stir Fry 2 ways (Stir-Fried chicken with lime & coconut milk) 340 calories and makes 2 serves. Is that 340 calories per serve or 340 calories for the 2 serves? The book does not make this clear. Also in this recipe it mentions 2 pieces of skinless chicken how big should the pieces be? How many grams?

There are many recipe’s like this that are not clear and perhaps in the nest edition this can be corrected. Apart from these slight errors, I am loving this book. It is fast becoming my bible. 🙂

• posted by chunkyd
    on

Hi Romina,

The Bolognese would be 260 calories per serving. Same goes for the stir-fried chicken (340 calories per serving). Whenever the book gives a recipe that serves more than one, you can take it that the calorie count given is for one serving only.

In terms of the size of chicken, I’m afraid I have not worried too much about whether a chicken breast is small, medium or large, but I am losing weight steadily so that hasn’t been an issue for me.

Best of luck!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Romina, if you look at page 183 (although it is not numbered that is where it is) headed Recipes and Menu Plans, at the bottom it says ‘all calorie counts are for one portion’ it also says, ‘for the sake of simplicity, all calorie counts have been rounded up or down to the nearest 10’. Although you might find some recipes are more accurate than others. For the chicken a piece weighing 125 grams will give you 150 calories and is a decent size piece. Hope that helps.

• posted by Fabgab
    on

I too have been confused by the recipes. For some of them the serving is for 2 but the number of calories stated at the top of the recipe does not say whether that is each serve or for the 2 serves in which case you would halve the calorie for your portion.

• posted by Jande9
    on

The calorie count is always per serving.

That being said, some of the counts are way off,according to myfitnesspal. The trout and lime is ridiculous. I think they give the total calorie count.

Jan

Please log in or register to post a reply.