Question: Appetite decrease anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SteveT
    on

Hi
    I’ve been on the diet for 10 days and have noticed an appreciable decrease in my appetite. For the last 4 days I’ve struggled to hit 800 cals a day as I’m just not hungry and leaving food on my plate. Yesterday I only ate dinner. I’m drinking plenty of fluid. I’m also on the maximum Metformin dose, 2g daily, could this be causing it? Also exercise is difficult as I have polyneuropathy although have increased my daily walking regime. I’m feeling great by the way so not complaining. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

• posted by newmill
    on

I started with the shakes on 3 January and decided to try the shepherd’s pie with cauliflower mash the other night just for a change. I had a few sprouts with it.

I was absolutely stuffed and could barely move!

Your tum must shrink or adjust to the amount you put in it- so if you don’t eat much, if doesn’t take much to feel full!

• posted by Hedds
    on

It’s day four for me and I am not hungry most of the time, the only time I have been was when I used a Covent Garden soup for quickness at lunchtime today and now can’t wait for my chicken curry with cauliflower rice.

• posted by KayGee
    on

I have only done 3 days so far and am still feeling hunger pangs, but am absolutely determined to stick with it.

• posted by TraceyH31
    on

I too have not felt hungry and am surviving quite happily on around 800 calories. I never thought I would but it’s obviously the type of food we are eating. Like Hedds when I just have soup for lunch I get hungry for my evening meal. I used to snack a lot in the evening but I don’t even think about eating after my evening meal now. I do drink a lot more fluids though as I find myself more thirsty.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I had three or four bad food days, then renewed commitment to the diet yesterday. I’m so hungry all over again! I’d got past the hunger stage but now I have to suffer again. My own fault!

• posted by Hedds
    on

I am struggling to eat my 800 cals, it’s day 9 for me. Yesterday I only managed 600, I am also quite thirsty having around three litres of fluid per day. I tend during the week to have a late breakfast around 10.30 then often I’m skipping lunch. I then have a handful of nuts around 3 and supper between 6 and 7. Last Sunday I did not eat till 2 and was not hungry. My hubby who is also following the diet is constantly hungry.
    Keep up the good work everyone.
    Hedds

• posted by Sera
    on

I am on day 3 as well. I still feel hunger pangs.Waiting for it to get better. I suppose it takes a bit of time for the stomach to shrink…

Please log in or register to post a reply.