Psoriasis and Type 2 diabetes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 8WeeksOf800
    on

Does anyone else have psoriasis with Type 2 or prediabetic?
    I am interested in knowing if they do – I have been reading some research from what seems to be reputable places about the link of a very much raised risk.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi 8weeks, what do you mean a raised risk. Are you thinking that low calories or low carbs can make it worse. I think you missed part of the sentence off. Most people on this site have found this diet is good for skin conditions and lots more too. People report better sleep, reduced migraines, reduced IBS symptoms and so on. For me, it has reduced my blood glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure and liver function – oh, and my weight.

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

Yes! I have several clients with psoriasis and other autoimmune diseases as well as type2 or pre-diabetes. As one improves they all do presumably because as the body moves away from an inflamed state everything improves. Ditto for tinnitus I suspect

• posted by 8WeeksOf800
    on

The psoriasis hasn’t massively improved – but I have much less joint pain. The tinnitus is pretty similar to before. –
    However I am looking forward to knowing if my all important HGB AC1 test changes positively!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi there 8weeksof800! I know the feeling of waiting for that all important drop in the HbA1c . . . I have received two in the past 8 months! It was elation day when they were received! I hope you have that joy as well 🙂 Quack. Quack.

Please log in or register to post a reply.